Several reports have come in today indicating the HTC executive leadership team is in anarchy. The once-great mobile hardware maker may have a new hit on their hands with the HTC One, but that won't matter if the internal damage within the company brings it down from the inside. A large list of executives left the company recently, including a couple of them today. One of them, ex-strategy head Eric Lin, even tweeted the above message after leaving, suggesting that all his friends quit and "leave now." Another high-profile executive to leave today was the HTC Asia CEO Lennard Hoornik. Here's a breakdown of all the execs who recently left the company including their former titles,
- Eric Lin - Strategy Head (left today)
- Kouji Kodera - Chief Product Officer
- Jason Gordon - vice president of global communications (left on Friday)
- Rebecca Rowland - global retail marketing manager
- John Starkweather - director of digital marketing
- Lennard Hoornik - HTC Asia CEO (left today)
According to unnamed sources, the morale is so low at the company it is described as being in "utter free fall." Also, this same source said that even though the HTC One has been a solid success, the HTC First was a disaster.
Ouch! A mass mutiny at the command level on an already floundering ship is a bad sign. What do you guys think? Could we be seeing the beginning of the end for HTC?