DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HTC Employee Apologizes for the HTC Thunderbolt

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    HTC's lack of response to the T-bolt is exactly why I WILL NEVER ever own another HTC device. Period.
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boidsonly View Post
    HTC's lack of response to the T-bolt is exactly why I WILL NEVER ever own another HTC device. Period.
    Never say never especially when it comes to smart phones. You just never know. HTC is not a company that is content sitting near the bottom of the pile. The One, in my opinion, is just the start of awesome product to come from them. That handset is nice. Real nice
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Slll White
    I got rid of my tbolt back in September for a gs3
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    I had a T-bolt and I thought it was great for the first LTE phone out there. Sure there were glitches along the way, but not as bad as people make it out to be. I expected some problems with the first to adopt a new technology. Battery life was poor, but not much worse than the iphones at the time. If I were in the market for a new phone, I would have no problem looking at HTC again. Like Ck said, The One is a sweet device.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto driod
    Unfortunately, the real point of all of this is the lack of support that *any* HTC device on Verizon gets. If that well-established and consistent pattern continues to hold, the HTC One will just be the next darn-good hardware to induce suffering on its victims^w owners.

Proceed at your own risk...

john
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    My Rezound is also outstanding.

But I certainly understand the opinions of Tbolt owners.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    I appreciated his apologies. However, I am going to switch to S4. Thunderbolt was my first HTC phone. Before this HTC, I had a Motorola Droid the 1st. The first year, I had no problem with TBolt except with battery. But after I got an ICS update, almost everything lags!! I get a constant Sync turn on itself almost every time I turn my phone on! I can't wait to get rid of HTC. My brother have the same phone and hates it. We both will get the S4! Adios HTC!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post

Never say never especially when it comes to smart phones. You just never know. HTC is not a company that is content sitting near the bottom of the pile. The One, in my opinion, is just the start of awesome product to come from them. That handset is nice. Real nice
    I played around with the htc one the other day and wow! There was not 1 thing i could find that i disliked and ive never held a phone in my hand that felt like that i didnt want to put it down! I didnt think i would like blinkfeed but i can see where it fits in nicely im very excited seeing the direction HTC is going kinda bummed im on Verizon and stuck using my s3.. On topic i never had a problem with my tbolt! battery was bad but so was every other phone battery that came out at that time my service was always spot on and i never had the rebooting problems.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    GENERALLY SPEAKING, the only people who dislike HTC are those who had Thunderbolts. I currently have a G-Nex and I love it, but I had an DInc 2 before it and I would go back to HTC in a HEARTBEAT.

I love Sense and I love the build quality of HTC phones. Before Samsung started coming out with awesome phones, I felt like HTC was the best Android manufacturer HANDS DOWN.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto driod
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Bean View Post
    GENERALLY SPEAKING, the only people who dislike HTC are those who had Thunderbolts
    Actually, this is not true. Maybe it's just the Verizon-HTC combo thing, I don't know. I have a Rezound and I do like it. I just hate the fact that they sold this phone and have done so little to keep it remotely close to Android-current in its software.

For me, HTC does a great job building a high-quality software/hardware package when they sell it. After that, well, you're largely on your own. That's what I dislike about HTC. I know that there are many others that feel similarly.

john
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links