DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: 'Bladeslinger' Game Mixes Steam-Punk and Demon Battles in an Old West Setting

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2056 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

'Bladeslinger' Game Mixes Steam-Punk and Demon Battles in an Old West Setting

Are you a fan of action games? Does the thrill of gritty battles and wild stunts get you excited? Do you love nothing more than slashing and shooting your way through a demon-infested, steam-punk inspired old west setting? Wait... what? Yep. Talk about a genre-bending mashup... we found a cool looking and stylized new game on the Play Store for you guys to check out. It's called "Bladeslinger," and it might just give you all the raw action you crave in an unusual and intriguing setting. Here's the scoop,

BEST MOBILE GRAPHICS YOUíVE EVER SEEN
    Bladeslinger introduces graphics features never seen before on mobile devices. Multiple mind-blowing 3D environments and characters, dynamic lighting and shadows with no detail spared. As mobile games approach console quality, Bladeslinger pushes the bar further than ever before.

SAVE HAMMERíS PEAK!
    You play as William Glaston, a native of Hammerís Peak returning home from war to find his once peaceful town deserted and overrun with hostile creatures heís never seen before. Follow Williamís quest for truth and the salvation of Hammerís Peak.

TOUCH-EXCLUSIVE CONTROLS & DESIGN
    Bladeslinger takes full advantage of the flexibility and unique options for gaming with touch screen devices. Quick shooting, split second dodging, combo attacks, monster punching and punishing special moves -- all achieved with simple, intuitive touch gesture controls.

HOURS OF THRILLING CAMPAIGNS
    Multiple highly detailed and complex environments with escalating challenges will push you through hours of compelling, non-repetitive gameplay.

COMPATIBLE DEVICES
    Bladeslinger is optimized Android devices with 512MB+ RAM, and offers additional graphics optimizations on NVIDIA Tegra devices.

REAL PERSON SUPPORT
    We are personally here to answer your questions, and incorporate your feedback into ongoing improvements for Bladeslinger.
    Developed by Luma Arcade and published by Kerosene Games.
    I'm sure there's some semblance of a story in there, but sometimes you just feel the need to crush some demon skulls! Here's a link to the Google Play Store where you can grab it for just $2.99. It seems to have garnered quite a bit of praise, but we trust our members' tastes, so please let us know if it's worth a look in the thread! The music in the trailer is certainly epic!

Source: Google Play Store - Bladeslinger
    Last edited by dgstorm; 03-08-2013 at 03:50 PM.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Am I the only one who looks at this and sees Devil May Cry 3 written all over the design?
    S4: Rooted ME7
    Bionic: Rooted JB (Thanks Sam) -Retired
    N7
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Looks like a pretty decent game. May have to check it out.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Re: 'Bladeslinger' Game Mixes Steam-Punk and Demon Battles in an Old West Setting

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmorn View Post
    Am I the only one who looks at this and sees Devil May Cry 3 written all over the design?
    I do, actually. Along with Red Dead Redemption.

Edit: it does look pretty intriguing, though. Looks like I would enjoy playing that. Imagine if it was a major platform game like xbox 360 or the PS3 (or the upcoming PS4 and xbox "720").
    Last edited by cobravnm13; 03-10-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by cobravnm13 View Post
    I do, actually. Along with Red Dead Redemption.

Edit: it does look pretty intriguing, though. Looks like I would enjoy playing that. Imagine if it was a major platform game like xbox 360 or the PS3 (or the upcoming PS4 and xbox "720").
    Agreed on the RDR front. If it were a console release I'd probably be all over it. As a mobile release though...not sure how responsive the touch controls will be to rapidly-paced input commands.
    S4: Rooted ME7
    Bionic: Rooted JB (Thanks Sam) -Retired
    N7

Links