DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Leaked Screenshots Show US Galaxy S4 Eye-tracking Software & Confirm Quad-core CPU

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2032 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Leaked Screenshots Show US Galaxy S4 Eye-tracking Software & Confirm Quad-core CPU

We are going to label this one as rumor for now, but it definitely seems very legit. Some leaked screenshots showcase the internal functions of the North American version of the Samsung Galaxy S IV. These pics are very revealing and include a variety of notable features, confirming the new eye-tracking software and a quad-core CPU (not the octa-core we are hoping for). Several other specs are revealed as well including the 13MP camera, the 5-inch Full HD 1080p resolution display and 2GB of RAM.

As you can see from the second screenshot, the Samsung TouchWiz includes the new 'Smart" functions which are the eye-tracking features, including Smart Scroll and Smart Pause. Because this feature is designed for TouchWiz, we might start seeing it on other Samsung devices. Oddly, this device shows the 4.2.1 version of Android, although the final launch of the devices is supposed to have the Android 4.2.2 version. It's probable the final build will vary a bit from this because of Android 4.2.2, but shouldn't be too different.

As the days click down toward the final launch, the rumors of two different versions of the device (one with the Exynos 5 Octa-core and one with a quad-core Snapdragon 600) seem more and more likely. We are just eight days away from the full reveal. Do you think it will affect your decision to get a new SGS4 if you can't get the Exynos 5 Octa-core version?

Source: UnWiredView

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Nice!! I have the Note 2 but I think the S4 would be awesome also......to many choices. Maybe I will get the S4 and just go back and forth between phones as needed. Man I'm glad Verizon went to SIMs
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    394 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't have the octa core. I was disappointed my S3 didn't have the Exynos processor but that went away rather quickly when I got my S3 because the chip it does have has yet to let me down.
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I would also be disappointed if I had to get the Exynos. I'd much rather have the Snapdragon 600. They're both extremely fast processors but the Snapdragon 600 will probably have better battery life, especially on LTE. In a phone I'll always vote for battery life considering the slowest high-end processors are all fast now

While the eight core Exynos 5 is 28nm it needs to run on four cores, either the high power cores or the low power cores. The Snapdragon Quad's can run on any number of cores that are needed and I think I've read that Krait already seems more energy efficient then Cortex A-15. The real kicker though is the LTE chipset. I'm expect the Snapdragon 600 will have a significant advantage when it comes to LTE power usage.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Eye tracking = Another half baked gimmick that will only work in commercials. Anyone bumping playlists to each other or using tilt to zoom? Basically this is Touchwiz bloat.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by WestOkid View Post
    Eye tracking = Another half baked gimmick that will only work in commercials. Anyone bumping playlists to each other or using tilt to zoom? Basically this is Touchwiz bloat.
    If the eye tracking actually works it will be good. It would be nice to not have the screen time out while surfing or reading.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Yea, and scrolling by using your thumb is so 2012. I am a busy man. I don't have time to move my thumb.
    I am all for new ideas. This is dumb.
    Scrolleyes...I mean Rolleyes.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    If the eye tracking actually works it will be good. It would be nice to not have the screen time out while surfing or reading.
    I agree. I find it distracting that I have to scroll every 30 seconds in order to keep my screen from dimming, while reading an in-depth article on my phone. If the eye tracking is implemented in such a way that the effect on battery life is negligible, I would likely use this feature. Although I understand why this might be considered bloat by many, I think there are also plenty of people who would utilize Smart Stay if it's done well.
    huskur likes this.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    eye tracking might not be the most useful feature but it shows samsung is taking the initiative in innovation... rather than just reshape the device and slap a new name on it like some fruity company does
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by trestevenson View Post
    I agree. I find it distracting that I have to scroll every 30 seconds in order to keep my screen from dimming,
    Change your display settings to a longer screen timeout (I think some browsers also have an option to override). You really won't sacrifice much battery having a 2-min screen timeout.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links