DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S4 AnTuTu Benchmarks Leak with Octa-Core Exynos 5410

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2049 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Samsung Galaxy S4 AnTuTu Benchmarks Leak with Octa-Core Exynos 5410

We have a few pieces of exciting news regarding the Samsung Galaxy S IV for you guys today. Some of this news is either positive or negative depending upon how things turn out at the launch. First up, to help make things a bit clearer, we would like to remind you guys about a couple of rumors we reported previously regarding the new SGS4. One of the rumors has suggested that due to power related issues, we may not see the Exynos 5 Octa-Core chip in the SGS4 and that it will instead be the Qualcomm quad-core Snapdragon 600 chip. The other rumor seems to partially refute this. It suggests that the North American version of the phone will have the Snapdragon 600, but the international version could have either the Exynos 5 Octa-core or just a pervious gen Exynos chip.

Obviously, neither one of these rumos has been confirmed, but if today's new benchmark leak is for real, then it could mean the new SGS4 will indeed come with the next-gen Exynos 5 Octa-core. This would obviously be great news, but it still leaves it unclear whether the North American version would come with the Qualcomm chip or the Samsung chip. A new AnTuTu benchmark for the phone was supposedly leaked and not only does it show monster performance, it also shows the Exynos 5410 with 1.8GHz and a 4+4 core setup! Again, assuming this is legitimate, this would at least mean the Exynos 5 Octa-Core chip will be in some versions of the new flagship from Samsung. This makes us both excited and anxious to see Samsung's final unveiling at their unpacked even on March 14th.

This benchmark leak also shares some additional details about the phone. Here's a breakdown of what is revealed,
    • Android 4.2
    • True “world” phone with a GSM/WCDMA/LTE network setting
    • 13MP rear camera
    • 2.1MP front camera
    • 2GB of RAM
    • 16 or 32GB of storage
    • HD 4.99-inch 1920x1080
    • GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth

This device is shaping up to truly be "the next big thing" so stay tuned while we bring you every tid-bit of info we can scrounge up on the device.

We have another bit of awesome news to share with you guys. It is our pleasure to introduce our new dedicated sister-site for the new Samsung superphone! You can find it at GalaxyS4Forums.net!

Source: GalaxyS4Forums.net via PhoneArena
    Last edited by dgstorm; 03-04-2013 at 10:37 AM.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    If I buy the international one that has that octa chip in it (assuming it is real and does ship with one since Samsung said they weren't going to use it) would it work with AT&Ts LTE?
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by johnomaz View Post
    If I buy the international one that has that octa chip in it (assuming it is real and does ship with one since Samsung said they weren't going to use it) would it work with AT&Ts LTE?
    If it did there really wouldn't be a reason to ship a separate version for North America, would there?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    The International and USA version will have the same Octa-Core chip, everyone relax.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    If rumors are to be believed and their is an inherent power issue, then i'd rather have the 600 anyway.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I want to keep my unlimited data. I wonder how much this phone will cost off contract. $700? $800?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Bean View Post
    I want to keep my unlimited data. I wonder how much this phone will cost off contract. $700? $800?
    Wait for Nexus 5 then and get the best of all worlds.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    The International and USA version will have the same Octa-Core chip, everyone relax.
    I was finally able to relax but only after looking at yer avatar for quite some time!
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
    Wait for Nexus 5 then and get the best of all worlds.
    Yeah, a quad core doesn't get me motivated to upgrade my Rezound. But this octo-core might make some sense. Mainly for performance (still a bit slow to load webpages), I don't think the power gains are all that considering display is 80% of battery drain when actively using the phone.

Extra ram is nice, too. But I still want lots and lots of storage - I can never have enough storage. Easier on the battery to play content from SD than over LTE, too.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Yeah, a quad core doesn't get me motivated to upgrade my Rezound. But this octo-core might make some sense. Mainly for performance (still a bit slow to load webpages), I don't think the power gains are all that considering display is 80% of battery drain when actively using the phone.

Extra ram is nice, too. But I still want lots and lots of storage - I can never have enough storage. Easier on the battery to play content from SD than over LTE, too.
    I believe there's going to be many more reasons to be motivated beyond a chip and storage space, we'll know in a few days. Either way even if it's highly competitive and lacks this or that feature, it'll likely be half the retail price which is a fantastic reason to swing Google's way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links