DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

  1. Droid
    MacLeod's Avatar
    Member #
    183532
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    #31

    Re: HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

    Quote Originally Posted by WestOkid View Post
    I get all the talk about the battery. I also wish they would have sacrificed a bit of thinness and weight for a bigger battery; maybe 2600mah like the RAZR HD. That said, I hate to harp on that supposed flaw because HTC has done so many things right with this phone. The combination of size, build materials, screen, speakers, camera, and specs make this the best smartphone ever created. Even the 2300mah battery is no slouch; it trumps every non-phablet except the Moto HDs. Believe me, this former TBolt owner is no HTC fan, but if I were not under contract, I am trashing my S3 and picking this up. HTC just needs to step up their marketing game to make this a winner.
    I can agree with that. It still is a outstanding phone but the non removable battery and no SD support are simply deal breakers for me. Aside from that I agree that this is a damn nice phone with the best screen on the market.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
  2. Droid Ninja
    cybertec69's Avatar
    Member #
    60551
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    1,687
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post

    I can agree with that. It still is a outstanding phone but the non removable battery and no SD support are simply deal breakers for me. Aside from that I agree that this is a damn nice phone with the best screen on the market.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
    For another month, when the S4 is announced.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  3. Master Droid
    WestOkid's Avatar
    Member #
    240323
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    343
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    For another month, when the S4 is announced.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
    I looked at my S3 and thought. If we are honest with ourselves, we all know the S4 will not hold a candle to this phone's build quality. As usual, Samsung will use the cheapest available cell phone material of any flagship device. We are about 75% sure it will have a pentile display. Then it will have gimmicks in touchwiz that none of us use. Aka S-voice and everything else. HTC's biggest miss with this phone is not being Samsung or Apple. Sent from my GalaxyS3.
  4. Droid Jedi
    sweeeeet's Avatar
    Member #
    58717
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,718
    Liked
    231 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by WestOkid View Post
    I looked at my S3 and thought. If we are honest with ourselves, we all know the S4 will not hold a candle to this phone's build quality. As usual, Samsung will use the cheapest available cell phone material of any flagship device. We are about 75% sure it will have a pentile display. Then it will have gimmicks in touchwiz that none of us use. Aka S-voice and everything else. HTC's biggest miss with this phone is not being Samsung or Apple. Sent from my GalaxyS3.
    I'll never understand the build quality arguments when most people use cases on their super durable phones.. build quality is fixable with a $5 case... you can't fix missing SD slots.. smaller non removable batteries and the phone not even being on your network... samsung is addressing screen build quality with their new screens and actual s4 specs remain to be seen but there's no doubt it will be phenomenal
    NOTE DUECE

    Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  5. Droid
    summit21's Avatar
    Member #
    200979
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Incredible 2
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Thats funny....cuz my RAZR screen was better than my Rezounds....overall. Notice I said ...my...Rezound....which means I had or still have it. I do still have it. I dont mean a store fly by comparison, I mean an in depth, apples to apples comparison. Too many cons for the Rezound screen vs my RAZR.....hideous screen res, putrid screen n all. After the cons....when it came to preferences....I liked the RAZR screen more. The screens on the Bionic and RAZR's were waaaay overblown IMO. I still see a Bionic from time to time to this day...and I still dont see what all the complaining was about. I also had a G Nex, have a Maxx HD now.

    That said....LCD and Amoled screens have gotten better since then...so the screens are almost a wash now.

    The battery complaints... these chips do get more efficient with newer versions. Anyone with a DNA should be able to say if its an issue or not. I believe for the most part it isnt. We wont know until battery life tests come out, user posts come out. The One has a bigger battery than the DNA.. But...the One has a chip thats clocked a lil faster too.. Its clocked a lil faster...but should be more efficient since its newer. So we will just have to wait n see about battery life.
    My point was not to compare the Rezound vs Razr Maxx HD, which by the way both have 720p displays, but the Rezound has a better resolution at 340 PPI vs. 312 for the Maxx HD. The HTC One will have an eye popping 468PPI, 1080P display, hands down the best display available when it is released, the DNA being next at 440PPI, the Razr Maxx HD is nowhere close to these two.
  6. Droid
    summit21's Avatar
    Member #
    200979
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Incredible 2
  7. Droid
    summit21's Avatar
    Member #
    200979
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    50
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Incredible 2
    #37
    Found 2 sites that say the S4 will have a 5inch display at 440PPI, NOT better than the HTC One 468PPI, although probably indescernible to the naked eye. Obviously this is still speculative though. I will say that the S3 colors were cartoonish, while HTC DNA seems more "real"
  8. Droid Ninja
    cybertec69's Avatar
    Member #
    60551
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    1,687
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeeeet View Post

    I'll never understand the build quality arguments when most people use cases on their super durable phones.. build quality is fixable with a $5 case... you can't fix missing SD slots.. smaller non removable batteries and the phone not even being on your network... samsung is addressing screen build quality with their new screens and actual s4 specs remain to be seen but there's no doubt it will be phenomenal
    I second that, plus Samsung went away from penile, Note 2 was the start.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  9. Droid Ninja
    cybertec69's Avatar
    Member #
    60551
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    1,687
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by summit21 View Post

    My point was not to compare the Rezound vs Razr Maxx HD, which by the way both have 720p displays, but the Rezound has a better resolution at 340 PPI vs. 312 for the Maxx HD. The HTC One will have an eye popping 468PPI, 1080P display, hands down the best display available when it is released, the DNA being next at 440PPI, the Razr Maxx HD is nowhere close to these two.
    Sorry but LCD is old news.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  10. Droid Ninja
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    Member #
    160016
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,198
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    #40
    I wonder if the carriers have anything to do with this trend of not having SD cards. The carriers want you to use cloud storage now that they got rid of unlimited data. Us streaming all of our content, with tiered plans, puts millions in their pockets.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 04:57 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 07:28 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 01:32 PM
  4. Amazon Officially Launches Their Appstore in Europe
    By dgstorm in forum Android News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 04:54 PM
  5. Spotify Officially Launches in US
    By Malvado in forum Android News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 07:14 AM

Search tags for this page

65gig htc

,

flash

,

htc one

,

htc one droid forums

,

htc one singapore forum

,

htc one singapore hardware forum

,

htc one specs

,

htc one steel black 64 gig in singapore

,

htc one x mexico teclel build number

,

interesting thread gif

,

one v

,

where in singapore do they sell htc one black 65 gig

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+