DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Another person for whom they will have to pry away my SD card. I travel quite a bit, so I want my content available locally on the phone (without having to pick and choose and make trade-offs). It would also be interesting to compare how much juice your phone uses to play music or video from the SD vs. streaming from the cloud.

As for the battery, you can never have too much. Yes, I'm not a particularly heavy user and can easily get a day - but my preference would certainly be brighter displays and screen on more (I hate hitting a button to turn the screen on). Or you could have the screen pop-on for a notification, or on movement (such as picking it up), but services to monitor that would sip juice, as well.

It's mostly a cost issue in terms of selling a phone for a certain price at a certain margin. I think the list of consumers frustrated with limited choices is growing. Can't wait for the day when I can order my phone like a computer and choose all my hardware.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    The multi-user excuse is weak. While it makes sense (somewhat) for tablets, phones are very personal and nearly everyone has one. I don't see it as needing multi-user support. At best we are talking multi-identity where one might want a completely separate config for work and personal (talking a firewall between apps and content). That would actually be an argument for MORE SDcard space than less, IMO.

Now I don't use my phone this way, but if we had more space it would be a great back-up source for your critical PC files. Sure, plenty of online solutions available but that's not always ideal.
    pc747 likes this.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    less then 3k battery = NOT INTERESTED! did you hear that htc, or you guys waiting to be bought out or bankrupt?
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Incredible 2
    Quote Originally Posted by xeene View Post
    less then 3k battery = NOT INTERESTED! did you hear that htc, or you guys waiting to be bought out or bankrupt?
    That's funny, Motorola makes a battery that size, but has a screen that is simply trounced by HTC screens. Sorry I just can't stand to look at those hideous resolutions Motorola pukes out! I would take a battery that gets me through an average day with spectacular 1080p screen over a battery that lasts 2 days with a putrid screen, like Motorola's.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    all 3(samsung, htc, motorola) will be making 1080p screens this year. all 3 will look good. last thing i'm worried about the screen. only thing htc has over motorola is the camera.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by summit21 View Post

That's funny, Motorola makes a battery that size, but has a screen that is simply trounced by HTC screens. Sorry I just can't stand to look at those hideous resolutions Motorola pukes out! I would take a battery that gets me through an average day with spectacular 1080p screen over a battery that lasts 2 days with a putrid screen, like Motorola's.
    Wait for the X phone then. A 5 in 1080p display with a 3500 mah battery.
    Sent with the Ruler of All Machines! My Droid Bionic now featuring Ice Cream!
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Seriously, the hardware is all pretty good at this point. The only differentiation seems to be battery, SD cards and camera.

I could live without an SD card if you gave me like 128gigs of storage. But why would I want to pay for that? No, when I get a new phone I will transfer my 64gig SD to it.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Re: HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by hotice View Post
    Be careful to slam the battery in the One if you have a Note 2. This may very well get better battery life than a Note 2. The processor and LTE chipset are probably quite a bit less energy efficient in the Note 2 than the ones in the DNA and the One. Also, that huge OLED screen eats power. Set your brightness to be as bright as the LCD on the DNA or the One and you'll probably be able to watch your batter level fall. Someone with a One can change the display brightness from auto to something lower like probably what auto is on the Note 2 and save a lot of power. Samsung didn't give the note 2 a big battery because they're awesome and they're going to do that will all their phones. At least I'm pretty sure they did that for the Note 2 because it needed it. I'm sure most people will easily get through the day with it but I'm just saying, it's not in the same class as a GS3, Maxx HD, or One as far as power consumption goes.
    I get what you're saying but I don't think it'll happen. 2300 mha vs 3100 mha and the only thing different really is the screen. The CPU is clocked higher in the One and even tho its only 20p MHz it'll eat more battery. I'm an avid PC builder and overclocker and when you start cranking on these CPU's, their power usage jumps really fast.

The screen might be bigger on the Note but the One has more resolution and will take more horsepower to run.

Add to that the fact I get a full day with heavy 4G use and screen time and still have 40-50% battery left when I put it on the charger for the night after 16 hours. I would be shocked if the One could match that let alone beat it with a battery almost 1/3 smaller.

The battery life isn't the biggest concern I have. Like I said, 18 months into your contract your battery won't hold anywhere near as much of a charge as it did new but since it's non removable, you're screwed for the next couple months whereas with my Note, I can take the old battery out and drop in a shiny new one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by summit21 View Post
    Thats funny....cuz my RAZR screen was better than my Rezounds....overall. Notice I said ...my...Rezound....which means I had or still have it. I do still have it. I dont mean a store fly by comparison, I mean an in depth, apples to apples comparison. Too many cons for the Rezound screen vs my RAZR.....hideous screen res, putrid screen n all. After the cons....when it came to preferences....I liked the RAZR screen more. The screens on the Bionic and RAZR's were waaaay overblown IMO. I still see a Bionic from time to time to this day...and I still dont see what all the complaining was about. I also had a G Nex, have a Maxx HD now.

That said....LCD and Amoled screens have gotten better since then...so the screens are almost a wash now.

The battery complaints... these chips do get more efficient with newer versions. Anyone with a DNA should be able to say if its an issue or not. I believe for the most part it isnt. We wont know until battery life tests come out, user posts come out. The One has a bigger battery than the DNA.. But...the One has a chip thats clocked a lil faster too.. Its clocked a lil faster...but should be more efficient since its newer. So we will just have to wait n see about battery life.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I get all the talk about the battery. I also wish they would have sacrificed a bit of thinness and weight for a bigger battery; maybe 2600mah like the RAZR HD. That said, I hate to harp on that supposed flaw because HTC has done so many things right with this phone. The combination of size, build materials, screen, speakers, camera, and specs make this the best smartphone ever created. Even the 2300mah battery is no slouch; it trumps every non-phablet except the Moto HDs. Believe me, this former TBolt owner is no HTC fan, but if I were not under contract, I am trashing my S3 and picking this up. HTC just needs to step up their marketing game to make this a winner.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links