DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Agree with Cybertec. It has nothing to do with user profiles, although I see how one could think that. In the free and open Android enviro, one user could access the content of another on the card probably.
    But I agree they are doing this strictly for the cash. Charging $50 or $100 more for an extra 16 or 32 GB of storage when it probably costs them $9 to add it = win win for the company. As Apple has been doing since the beginning.
    I will never buy a phone with out a memory slot. I like to speak with my dollars. Google is hoping eventually I will have no choice. And eventually I probably won't. But for now I refuse to support a company that doesn't use SD cards.
    Makes me sad, too. That was one thing Google/Android devices ALWAYS had over Apple.
    Microsoft phones still have Mem cards. But for now I can count on Samsung an LG.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    AND I won't support HTC either even if it had a slot.
    I don't have to have every Google update but over the course of a 2 year contract I would AT LEAST like 2 updates.
    I don't think that is asking too much.
    My DInc2 shipped with Froyo. Got GB pretty fast. SWEET!
    Promised ICS but that is currently 6 months late now.
    ONE update? Really? I don't HAVE to have JB on my phone. But I can't even get ICS? Fail.
  3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

^it's over the ref is hugging htc.

What happen HTC 2 years ago you was one of the big dogs and now it is like you gotten old. You no longer bring originality to the table but try to copy other people's style and doing a bad job at it. What happen was you got cocky and thought you was smarter that every one else "quietly brilliant" but you stopped listening to your customers. Since the incredible people have complained about the small batteries and not once did you think to listen. You migrated away from android by making sense to heavy. Samsung tw adds features while Sense just adds more junk in the form of more htc widgets. At this point you should go back to your roots making a clean google device similar to the g1 with an adequate battery and openness. You need people to get excited about your product again. It is so sad to see a legend of the game pass their prime. Thanks for the memories HTC. On the move.
    n0yxl likes this.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid 2, 3, 4, & DNA
    Why android is moving away from sd cards

Here Is Another Reason Google Continues To Shun SD Cards - Multiuser Support

Not sure how true it is but that's where I got the info from. I'm not defending the decision to exclude sd cards because I have to be frugal with what I store on my DNA.
    Last edited by orangechoochoo; 02-19-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    trestevenson likes this.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    2300mAh battery...

Although, in all fairness, the DNA has amazing battery life considering how small its battery is. Hopefully this will prove the same.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Re: HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

Yeah I'm sure the battery if fine for now but since we're stuck with these phones for 2 years, after about a year and half and countless recharges, you won't be able to get thru lunch without a charger nearby and since it's a non removable battery, you're up a creek.

As for the SD card, I think the answer is just like the guy mentioned above. Why offer a SD card slot for free when you can charge $100 extra for a 32GB "upgrade" of internal memory that costs them about as much extra as a couple cups of coffee. I think it's as simple as that. I don't buy the multiuser excuse cause while I get some of their arguments, why not offer consumers the choice? I'd even be up for paying $10-20 more for SD support.

I will never buy a phone that doesn't have SD support as long as there are such phones available that is.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited by MacLeod; 02-19-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    pc747 and Narsil like this.
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
    Yeah I'm sure the battery if fine for now but since we're stuck with these phones for 2 years, after about a year and half and countless recharges, you won't be able to get thru lunch without a charger nearby and since it's a non removable battery, you're up a creek.

As for the SD card, I think the answer is just like the guy mentioned above. Why offer a SD card slot for free when you can charge $100 extra for a 32GB "upgrade" of internal memory that costs them about as much extra as a couple cups of coffee. I think it's as simple as that. I don't buy the multiuser excuse cause while I get some of their arguments, why not offer consumers the choice? I'd even be up for paying $10-20 more for SD support.

I will never buy a phone that doesn't have SD support as long as there are such phones available that is.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
    Wasnt that one of the things that "droid does" that apple didnt back in the day. So why should we go backwards.

dgstorm, jroc and Narsil like this.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    The One should do at least a little better on battery than the DNA because it has a newer S4 600 that includes the integrated LTE and it has a slightly smaller screen. Those two things should save a little power so it should do better than a DNA with a 2300mAh battery. Still even if the battery was great and I didn't care about not having a MicroSD slot what was HTC thinking when they made that software. There is a reason people have been congratulating Moto on slimming down Blur and complaining about TouchWiz. HTC just made TouchWiz look like stock.

BTW...Great job on the Camera and Audio HTC! Also props for keeping the LCD screen! You'll have to prove to me that all of your radios function just as well as a Razr with all that metal.
    jroc likes this.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
    Yeah, guess I'm glad I just got the Note 2 and didn't wait for this. It's basically a DNA with a slightly bigger battery and I do mean slightly.
    Be careful to slam the battery in the One if you have a Note 2. This may very well get better battery life than a Note 2. The processor and LTE chipset are probably quite a bit less energy efficient in the Note 2 than the ones in the DNA and the One. Also, that huge OLED screen eats power. Set your brightness to be as bright as the LCD on the DNA or the One and you'll probably be able to watch your batter level fall. Someone with a One can change the display brightness from auto to something lower like probably what auto is on the Note 2 and save a lot of power. Samsung didn't give the note 2 a big battery because they're awesome and they're going to do that will all their phones. At least I'm pretty sure they did that for the Note 2 because it needed it. I'm sure most people will easily get through the day with it but I'm just saying, it's not in the same class as a GS3, Maxx HD, or One as far as power consumption goes.
    Last edited by hotice; 02-19-2013 at 02:58 PM.
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

Re: HTC Officially Launches their New Flagship the HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by hotice View Post
    Be careful to slam the battery in the One if you have a Note 2. This may very well get better battery life than a Note 2. The processor and LTE chipset are probably quite a bit less energy efficient in the Note 2 than the ones in the DNA and the One. Also, that huge OLED screen eats power. Set your brightness to be as bright as the LCD on the DNA or the One and you'll probably be able to watch your batter level fall. Someone with a One can change the display brightness from auto to something lower like probably what auto is on the Note 2 and save a lot of power. Samsung didn't give the note 2 a big battery because they're awesome and they're going to do that will all their phones. At least I'm pretty sure they did that for the Note 2 because it needed it. I'm sure most people will easily get through the day with it but I'm just saying, it's not in the same class as a GS3, Maxx HD, or One as far as power consumption goes.
    I am not a techy as far as batteries so I can not give you figures but I can go off real world useage and my note 2 easily goes a day and a half of moderate usage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links