DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Narsil

Thread: LG Finally Makes the Optimus G Pro Official; 5.5-Inch Device to Compete with GNotes

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2081 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

LG Finally Makes the Optimus G Pro Official; 5.5-Inch Device to Compete with GNotes

For weeks now we have seen a steady stream of leaks and intel about the LG Optimus G Pro, to tease and whet our appetite. Now, the full reveal offers up the smorgasbord. LG officially unveiled the new 5.5-inch device that is designed to take on LG's arch-rival Samsung and their Galaxy Note Series. Here's a quote with all the juicy details,

So, what are we looking at? Size-wise, the Optimus Pro G is an ever-so-slightly smaller rival to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — same thickness and screen size, but 0.9mm narrower and a good 4.4mm shorter. However, LG has made the jump to full HD: with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, the Pro G has a pixel density of 400ppi, versus the Note 2′s 267ppi. It lack’s the Note 2′s stylus, though.

Inside, the Pro G uses a 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset; a slight step up from the 1.6GHz processor in the Note 2. Incidentally, this is the first outing for the Snapdragon 600, which is a successor to last year’s Snapdragon S4 series (its twin, the sequel to the S4 Pro, will be called the Snapdragon 800).

More pixels and processing power usually mean more power-drain. On this front, LG is touting the “largest battery capacity in its class” at 3,140mAh, but that’s not really much more than the Note 2′s 3,100mAh. LG also hasn’t quoted the device’s weight yet, so it’s hard to see how that compares with the Note 2′s 183g. The Note 2 has an 8MP camera and the Pro G a 13MP affair, but, given the size of a smartphone camera’s sensor, image quality will be more down to the lens and software than the megapixel count here.

Custom tweaks include “an upgraded QSlide” (LG’s answer to Samsung’s multitasking Pop-up Play feature), QuickMemo and a feature called Virtual Reality Panorama, which looks on paper to be precisely the same as Android’s stock 360-degree Photo Sphere function. The Pro G can also record video through both front- and rear-facing camera simultaneously, and it also features wireless charging.
    The device is scheduled to launch in Korea next week and be displayed at MWC this week. Sound off with your thoughts on this device.

Source: GigaOM
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Seem like a formidable device!

The ability to record from both cameras at the same time could be..........well........(let your own minds think of the possibilities )
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Note II, D2G
    The only large upgrade I see is the screen resolution, the only thing I wish was improved on my note 2, still can see the pixels in curves
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    and it'll take to long to get here, I'm glad I got the note 2 the other day.... hopefully the note 3 comes by then end of the year, I'd be down for trading mine and spending some extra cash to get it.... who knows.

still this device is pretty cool looking.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  5. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    if it wants to compete it needs the features.. lack of features makes it a big phone and not a phablet.. but they're heading in the right direction!
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    191 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    I loves me my Note 2 stylus!!
    liftedplane likes this.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
    I loves me my Note 2 stylus!!
    The stylus

I love the stylus, it's so bad...

---
    I hate jelly beans, Google's jellybean is alright though.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet Galaxy Note II
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon

Links