DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [Rumor] Verizon Skipping the HTC (M7) One; Coming to AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Mar 22nd

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2075 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Rumor] Verizon Skipping the HTC (M7) One; Coming to AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Mar 22nd

These pics are from AndroidPolice

If the latest reports are true, then it appears Verizon will be skipping the HTC One (aka M7). Supposedly, the new flagship from HTC will launch in Europe March 8th, and will be coming only to AT&T, T-Mobile & Sprint in the U.S. on March 22nd. It's possible that the device might come to Verizon in the future with a different name, but it's just as possible the phone was skipped by Big Red because they don't want another HTC device to compete with their HTC Droid DNA. This same report supposedly confirms that some of the previously leaked pics are legitimate (posted above).

Some additional details were presented along with this news. Here's a quote with the details,

Our source has confirmed that the HTC M7 will launch as the HTC One on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint with 32GB of internal storage, starting at $199.99 with a two year contract. Those looking in need of more storage can opt for the 64GB model which will sell for $299.99. Our source has also confirmed that the HTC One will have metal casing with front-facing stereo speakers. The device will be available in both black and silver/white. Previous images of the HTC One with a black soft-touch casing were real, but our source claims they were pre-production units which were used during various phases of testing. The final metal design can be previewed in the teaser videos HTC posted with the countdown clock that’s ticking down on htc.com.
    Most of us here at HQ are unsurprised by this news, but are a bit saddened, nonetheless. How many of our members are disappointed that the phone is likely not coming to Verizon?

Source: HTCSource
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Pretty sure its obvious by now, Verizon loves Motorola over all others. They only carry Samsung devices because of their overwhelming love for the all mighty dollar.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by johnomaz View Post
    Pretty sure its obvious by now, Verizon loves Motorola over all others. They only carry Samsung devices because of their overwhelming love for the all mighty dollar.
    I went to a corporate store a few days ago and was talking to one of the sales women on the floor and I mentioned how much I loved the droid DNA screen and the first thing she said was,

"the lack of SD is why so many return it" I couldn't help but laugh and tell her that was the next thing I was going to say. I've got a 64gb sd card... don't try to take it away from me.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    This is the same reason HTC is not bringing their phone to Verizon, since Verizon screwed them big time, by making them dump down the storage space "so they can sell their cloud". HTC has been screwed by Verizon a few times already, I am sure it has left a sour taste in their mouth. Verizon is doing the same thing lately to their customer base "share your money with us plans", like the saying goes, what goes up must come down, sooner or later all this nonsense will bite Verizon in the rear end.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    like the saying goes, what goes up must come down, sooner or later all this nonsense will bite Verizon in the rear end.
    I would love to stand and pour some of my favorite booze on vzw's grave. After it has passed through my kidney's tho!
    trestevenson and jeems like this.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8!
    ^X2

I hope to see VZW get nailed in the pocket and stocks fall when they start pulling SD cards from there entire lineup.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    The Droid DNA is still new. It wouldnt make sense for them to do this. I'm surprised they did it with Motorola phones.

So.....some of yall want them to do with HTC what some of yall complain Motorola do? Has anyone looked at the specs between the 2? They are so close....you might as well call the One the DNA+
    Last edited by jroc; 02-14-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    The Droid DNA is still new. It wouldnt make sense for them to do this. I'm surprised they did it with Motorola phones.

So.....some of yall want them to do with HTC what some of yall complain Motorola do? Has anyone looked at the specs between the 2? They are so close....you might as well call the One the DNA+
    Sorry but the DNA is a total failure in my book, only thing going for it is the high resolution screen, the two main features in a smartphone are storage and removable battery, on the storage part the DNA with only eleven gigs of usable storage is a total failure, and not to able to swap a fresh battery when you are running low and not near charging pretty is also a big letdown.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post

Dna+ sd card?

Oh I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry I want a droid dna with an sd card and larger internal memory.

This is nothing like what Motorola did so get your facts straight.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet RAZR MAXX.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Re: [Rumor] Verizon Skipping the HTC (M7)

Yeah I gotta agree. The puny storage, no SD card support and a weak non-removable battery are deal breakers for me. I'm a longtime HTC fan and I wanted the DNA so bad but I gotta have those things.

Glad I didn't wait for the M7 and went ahead and upgraded to my beloved Note 2 . I was kinda worried I was making a mistake by not waiting another couple weeks but now I see it's fate and I was meant to own this Note.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links