DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [Rumor] Verizon Skipping the HTC (M7) One; Coming to AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Mar 22nd

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    We all know Verizon knows of a better device coming

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by liftedplane View Post
    Dna+ sd card?

Oh I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry I want a droid dna with an sd card and larger internal memory.

This is nothing like what Motorola did so get your facts straight.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet RAZR MAXX.
    And you are telling me that doesnt qualify it to be the DNA+? Also a slight bump in ppi, and cpu speed. DNA just came out a few months ago. Moto threw in a bigger battery, slight bump in cpu speed, change screens from the Bionic to the RAZR to the RAZR Maxx, from Sept 2011 to Jan 012. How would this not be the same thing if it came to Verizon? Its memory instead of what Moto did.

Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    Sorry but the DNA is a total failure in my book, only thing going for it is the high resolution screen, the two main features in a smartphone are storage and removable battery, on the storage part the DNA with only eleven gigs of usable storage is a total failure, and not to able to swap a fresh battery when you are running low and not near charging pretty is also a big letdown.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
    When did this become the 2 main features in a smartphone?

The problem is Verizon had the Droid Incredible 4G .....then the DNA. The Incredible 4G was a weaker One X. They get the DNA...and the M7 is around the corner. Verizon should've either got phones earlier, better versions earlier...or just waited.

Just like for us phone buyers.....they cant wait forever. And they chose "weaker" phones. It is what it is. If they get the One now.....it was waste to get the DNA. That's also why I said I'm surprised they're not....they did it with Motorola.
    Last edited by jroc; 02-14-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    And you are telling me that doesnt qualify it to be the DNA+? Also a slight bump in ppi, and cpu speed. DNA just came out a few months ago. Moto threw in a bigger battery, slight bump in cpu speed, change screens from the Bionic to the RAZR to the RAZR Maxx, from Sept 2011 to Jan 012. How would this not be the same thing if it came to Verizon? Its memory instead of what Moto did.

When did this become the 2 main features in a smartphone?

The problem is Verizon had the Droid Incredible 4G .....then the DNA. The Incredible 4G was a weaker One X. They get the DNA...and the M7 is around the corner. Verizon should've either got phones earlier, better versions earlier...or just waited.

Just like for us phone buyers.....they cant wait forever. And they chose "weaker" phones. It is what it is. If they get the One now.....it was waste to get the DNA. That's also why I said I'm surprised they're not....they did it with Motorola.
    Then release it as the dna+ I'm just tired of Verizon dragging their feet. If they didn't have the best coverage and I wasn't unlimited and grandfathered in I'd leave

Thankfully I got the gn2 and I'm loving it just waiting for the cruzer lite case I ordered. If the xperia z comes to Verizon I'll check it out. I'll probably never be able to settle for smaller than 4.8 ever again

Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Incredible 2
    In my opinion 5 inches is too big unless we are talking about phablets. The HTC M7/ One, will have many enhancements over the DNA. The camera, screen 468 ppi, and a larger battery, memory, and a faster processor. It sucks Verizon will not be getting this phone. I guess I may have to switch to AT&T, or wait for the Motorola X phone, if my incredible 2 will last that long.
    Last edited by summit21; 02-14-2013 at 10:52 PM.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by summit21 View Post
    In my opinion 5 inches is too big unless we are talking about phablets. The HTC M7/ One, will have many enhancements over the DNA. The camera, screen 468 ppi, and a larger battery, memory, and a faster processor. It sucks Verizon will not be getting this phone. I guess I may have to switch to AT&T, or wait for the Motorola X phone, if my incredible 2 will last that long.
    I can't wait until they are all bezel-less then five inches will be the perfect size

Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by liftedplane View Post

This is nothing like what Motorola did so get your facts straight.

Really? Seems a lot motorola releasing the razr then the maxx.

HTC's new and improved DNA Maxx
    Last edited by skennelly; 02-15-2013 at 07:58 AM.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbionicmaster View Post
    We all know Verizon knows of a better device coming

exactly! htc will be forgotten soon as google announces their next moto device.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I like Motorola's Android devices. The interface is nice and they always have better devices

9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by xeene View Post
    exactly! htc will be forgotten soon as google announces their next moto device.
    You're probably right which drives me crazy. If HTC had gone with a bigger or at least removable battery and 32GB+ SD card support, it would be the best Droid phone on the market (well tied with my awesome Note 2 ). I'm a high school drop out so maybe I'm not smart enough to understand HTC's vision but I know there is still a strong demand for battery life and storage and I don't get why HTC didn't know this or maybe they just didn't care.

I've heard that Verizon nixed the SD card support but I can't understand why.

Sent from my beloved Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post

You're probably right which drives me crazy. If HTC had gone with a bigger or at least removable battery and 32GB+ SD card support, it would be the best Droid phone on the market (well tied with my awesome Note 2 ). I'm a high school drop out so maybe I'm not smart enough to understand HTC's vision but I know there is still a strong demand for battery life and storage and I don't get why HTC didn't know this or maybe they just didn't care.

I've heard that Verizon nixed the SD card support but I can't understand why.

Sent from my beloved Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
    It is called selling the cloud, which means more data consumption, which means more $ for the fat cats.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links