DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dgstorm

Thread: Sony Shares Torture Videos for the Xperia Z & Releases Kernel Source For it Too

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2023 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Sony Shares Torture Videos for the Xperia Z & Releases Kernel Source For it Too

News for the big flagship phones is coming in a big wave today. We've seen teasers and tidbits for the HTC M7, the LG Optimus G Pro and the Motorola X Phone. Now it's Sony's turn. They just shared three videos showcasing water and dust torture tests for their new flagship, the Xperia Z. Of course, the phone passes through the gauntlet without a scratch. Although this is a little gimmicky, it's still very impressive nonetheless. How many high-end flagship phones can you name that have the same qualities? None, is the correct answer. There are a few Android phones that could follow in the Xperia Z's example, but they are definitely not high-end. The first one that comes to mind is a Casio model, and it had mediocre internal specs even for its time.

We shared one of the videos above, but here is a link to all three of them: Sony Xperia Z Torture Videos

Those videos aren't the only Xperia Z news this morning. Sticking with their new tradition of trying to support developers better, Sony has already released the kernel source code for the phone. The phone itself won't even be hitting retail stores internationally for a few weeks, which means Sony is really on the ball with this one. We can't help but give Sony big props for this. The race to be the first big Android manufacturer to truly compete with Samsung is on. It certainly seems like Sony is taking it seriously.

Source: XDA
    wicked and CJM like this.

3. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    X, neXus
    Premium Member

Re: Sony Shares Torture Videos for the Xperia Z & Releases Kernel Source For it Too

With Sony acting like this... It'll be a very tough decision if my next phone will be the moto x phone.. It the xperia z... Sony definitely deserves allot of respect for their actions as of late...

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"
    We have nothing to fear but running out of beer
    Dont mind me... i'm just falling...
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    hopefully that means that their STAMINA mode will be something the kernel developers can check out and include to save us battery life on rooted phones as well
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I want that timer app!
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo Aeternamn View Post
    With Sony acting like this... It'll be a very tough decision if my next phone will be the moto x phone.. It the xperia z... Sony definitely deserves allot of respect for their actions as of late...
    I agree. Although whether the Xperia Z will come to Verizon is also going to affect my decision on what to purchase, these two devices are at the top of my list at the moment.

Links