DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DroidModderX
  • 1 Post By nateccnn

Thread: NEW [ROM] for the Thunderbolt!! Whaaa! Rooted, Deodexed, Stock ICS!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    583 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member

NEW [ROM] for the Thunderbolt!! Whaaa! Rooted, Deodexed, Stock ICS!

The Thunderbolt becomes more and more irrelevant each day. The early adopters have mostly moved on from this device in favor of more powerful and efficient devices. For the few, and proud Thunderbolt crowd a developer that goes by "santod040" has taken the Official OTA ICS update that came out not to long ago, and rooted and deodexed it! He was also nice enough to package it into a flashable.zip. He has included both a full version and a debloated version. He has removed the following apps from the debloated version Adobe Reader, Backup assistant, Books Tablet, CityID, Kindle, My Report Agent, My Verizon, NewbayVaultMarket, Polaris Office, RockBand (wow this device is old!), slacker radio, tethering guard, tune wiki, vcast tones, vznav, vzw golf, and vzw remote, tool.

You will need to be S-Off, and rooted with a custom recovery to install this Rom. You will then install the radio/baseband first followed by the version of Rom of your choosing. Is anyone out there still making good use of this device? I am curious

Via XDA
    Javaknight and Narsil like this.
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    I'm still sporting this old thing. Mainly because at the moment don't feel like given up my unlimited data plan.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    S4
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post
    I'm still sporting this old thing. Mainly because at the moment don't feel like given up my unlimited data plan.
    Well, that and having not hit the upgrade window. OK, so I was a late adopter.

Thanks to santod040 and the InfectedROM community for having this up so fast.

Oh, and thanks to Big Red for delivering that present at 3 am..."bricking" my phone and causing me to spend too many early morning cycles recovering it.
    Never let someone else dictate your awesome.

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    I ditched my T'Bolt on Note 2 drop day but I always like to see devs showing some love to the red-headed step-children. It's nice to see them be remembered.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
    I ditched my T'Bolt on Note 2 drop day but I always like to see devs showing some love to the red-headed step-children. It's nice to see them be remembered.
    I actually really wanted a note 2, but my upgrade date had not come up, plus i didn't feel like switching to a plan that actually made me pay more for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibilly View Post
    Well, that and having not hit the upgrade window. OK, so I was a late adopter.

Thanks to santod040 and the InfectedROM community for having this up so fast.

Oh, and thanks to Big Red for delivering that present at 3 am..."bricking" my phone and causing me to spend too many early morning cycles recovering it.
    Yeah they brought it out early, i unfortunately did not see their rom prior to upgrading to ICS, so unless they find another way to root it, I would have to unlock it through HTCDev, and go way more hands on.
    Last edited by New2u; 02-12-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    Resistance is futile.

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    My wife bought a GNex off craigslist to get rid of that POS. I put a ROM on it and it still is very clunky. Does ICS feel smoother on the phone? I'd like to use it in my car to play music but its such a pain to use. If ICS cleans it up and makes it somewhat useable, I may consider doing it now.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnomaz View Post
    My wife bought a GNex off craigslist to get rid of that POS. I put a ROM on it and it still is very clunky. Does ICS feel smoother on the phone? I'd like to use it in my car to play music but its such a pain to use. If ICS cleans it up and makes it somewhat useable, I may consider doing it now.
    Not quite sure, i've never had a problem with mine, it has never been clunky or laggy except when running many programs. After i got rid of bloatware, it got even better, but i've heard from people that theirs are so laggy its hard to do anything on them.
    Resistance is futile.

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I gave my Thunderbolt to my girlfriend in November 2011 when I picked up a Galaxy Nexus. I'll be honest...I'm still a little jealous of her. Her battery life is amazing. I will be updating her OS tonight. Hope it doesn't mess up her battery life...LOL
    Javaknight likes this.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by nateccnn View Post
    I gave my Thunderbolt to my girlfriend in November 2011 when I picked up a Galaxy Nexus. I'll be honest...I'm still a little jealous of her. Her battery life is amazing. I will be updating her OS tonight. Hope it doesn't mess up her battery life...LOL
    Same as what you did. And although I do feel like her battery life is a bit better than my GNexus, she also doesn't use it as much as I use my phone, so that might have something to do with it.

I recently put her phone back to stock non-rooted because she was having some issues with the roms I was putting on it, but if this new ICS rom makes things a little better, I might just have to put it on her phone
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Slll White
    Glad I don't sport this thing anymore, I switched to gslll months ago.

Links