DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New Prepaid Plans from Verizon Prove Real with Official Launch

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2023 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

New Prepaid Plans from Verizon Prove Real with Official Launch

It turns out that Verizon document leak for new Prepaid plans, we reported on a couple of days ago was dead-on accurate. Verizon just officially launched these new plans starting today. Here's the full press release from them,

For many facing a tight budget, saving a few dollars each month is important.

So, when it comes time to think about the important task of keeping in touch with friends and family, taking time to investigate wallet-friendly options can mean a few extra dollars for weekend fun or paying down those holiday bills.

One option to consider is a prepaid smartphone. Today, Verizon Wireless launched prepaid plans that provide unlimited talk, unlimited texts and 500 MB of data for $60 a month, or for $70 a month, a prepaid customer receives 2 GB of data in addition to unlimited talk and texts.

The plans are available for many 3G smartphones that run on the Android, BlackBerry or iOS operating systems, such as the Samsung Illusion, the HTC DROID Incredible 2 and most BlackBerry models.

A new smartphone isnít necessary to take advantage of the prepaid plans. Often, a no-longer-used smartphone sitting in a drawer at home can be activated on a prepaid plan with no annual contract.

With a smartphone in hand, there are many apps that can help find ways to make a dollar last longer. Groupon provides discounts on items and services ranging from gym memberships to restaurants. The Foursquare app allows check-ins at local spots and may even provide discounts. And, before heading out for a weekend trip, download the Gas Buddy app, which identifies the least expensive places to buy gas.

With an affordable prepaid plan, and some creativity, you can stay in touch with friends and family and save a few dollars along the way.
    Source: Verizon

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    No one cares about unlimited TALK and TEXT, we care about UNLIMITED DATA. Verizon are you listening, apparently they are, but still trying to screw the consumer, but what's new with big corporations nowadays, same old same old.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I'd have to consider this. It would save me over $20 per month, and I rarely use data any more (on wifi most of the time).
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    LikwidE
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    They tried to screw me over last week.

I'm still currently on my unlimited data plan for $80 a month.

If I upgrade my phone and switch to 2GB a month data plan, I'll be paying the same amount. I talked this over with a rep on the phone and they did the math for me. I can have the choice of UNLIMITED or 2GB for the SAME PRICE.

Where is the logic in that? I mean really? These pieces of trash tried to get me off my unlimited data plan and go with one of their limited ones for the same price. Why would I pick 2GB over UNLIMITED INFINITE NO LIMIT DOWNLOAD WHAT EVER THE HELL YOU WANT STREAM WHAT EVER THE HELL YOU WANT amount of data?

It's about $15 per GB... so... (for me, in my situation)

Unlimited - $80.
    6GB - $90.
    10GB - $120.
    15GB - $160.

So on and so on. They have a list somewhere.

^ Do those prices make any sense to you when the cheapest has the most quantity?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    I'd have to consider this. It would save me over $20 per month, and I rarely use data any more (on wifi most of the time).
    Only 3G phones.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Please don't. The Nexus 4 is back in stock. If your gonna go prepaid, go GSM-

Read this: [INFO][GSM] Own Your Cell Service ..with Prepaid and the Galaxy Nexus [UPDATED 5/24] - xda-developers

Straight Talk is $45/month and is unlimited talk/text and about 2-3 GBs of data.

Links