DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By dgstorm
  • 1 Post By johnomaz
  • 3 Post By xeene
  • 1 Post By PereDroid

Thread: Samsung's Funny New Teaser Ad for Their 'Big Game' Ad; With Seth Rogen & Paul Rudd

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2057 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Samsung's Funny New Teaser Ad for Their 'Big Game' Ad; With Seth Rogen & Paul Rudd

Samsung is truly pulling out all the stops when it comes to promoting their products while indirectly poking fun at Apple. Their newest commercial features the actors Bob Odenkirk, Seth Rogen & Paul Rudd. The concept of the commercial is that Seth & Paul have been hired to create a pre-teaser ad for the upcoming Samsung ad that will be featured at the Super Bowl. But, of course, things wouldn't be funny if it weren't more complicated than that, and hilarity ensues....

Interestingly, while the comedy in this add doesn't directly or even indirectly reference Apple in any way, and in fact is really focused more on "the Big Game," the subtle irony is not lost within the Android community.

Incidentally, as a side-note, this ad was apparently directed by Jon Favreau, which is the same guy who directed the first two Iron Man films.

Source: SamsungMobileUSA
    wicked likes this.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    LOL, the SF 50 - 1ers. Makes me glad I don't watch football.
    Asgard likes this.
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    D1>D2>Inc2>Rez>Nexus>S3>IP5
    LMFAOROTF!!! Goodness. Samsung is awesome. I just like there commercials so much!
    Nexus 7 2 4.3 PA
    Unlocked and ROM'ed Note 3!!!!!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    we could get sued.

by who?

Everybody, nobody, who knows... hehehe that's right apple.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    That lawsuit that Apple won vs samsung, was the best thing to happen to samsung.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Actually the NFL went lawsuit crazy a few years ago over the SuperBowl trademark. I think they even may have gone after "The Big Game" alternatives.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post

Samsung is truly pulling out all the stops when it comes to promoting their products while indirectly poking fun at Apple. Their newest commercial features the actors Bob Odenkirk, Seth Rogen & Paul Rudd. The concept of the commercial is that Seth & Paul have been hired to create a pre-teaser ad for the upcoming Samsung ad that will be featured at the Super Bowl. But, of course, things wouldn't be funny if it weren't more complicated than that, and hilarity ensues....

Interestingly, while the comedy in this add doesn't directly or even indirectly reference Apple in any way, and in fact is really focused more on "the Big Game," the subtle irony is not lost within the Android community.

Incidentally, as a side-note, this ad was apparently directed by Jon Favreau, which is the same guy who directed the first two Iron Man films.
    Great commercial! I love those three guys. It a great parody of a typical corporate meeting. And the "corporate boss" sounds just like my old boss where I used to work. He loved to talk and thought he knew everything, but usually didn't make any sense. I guess that was why he was the boss.
    Well, since my beloved Green Bay Packers aren't in the game, I'll have plenty of time to enjoy the commercials.
    Last edited by tornado; 02-13-2014 at 09:49 AM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Samsung just proving what I've always said: Apple didn't make it to where they are now because they build better products or are more innovative. It's because they made the best commercials. They spent $$$$$$$$ on commercials. NO ONE else did and they couldn't understand how to bear Apple. Well, Sammy has figured it out. Paying attention ASUS? HTC? LG?
    Last edited by PereDroid; 02-01-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    mountainbikermark likes this.

Links