DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: RIP: Verizon Discontinuing Droid RAZR, Droid 4, the 32GB SGS3, HTC Rezound & More

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    silverfang1977
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4

Re: RIP: Verizon Discontinuing Droid RAZR, Droid 4, the 32GB SGS3, HTC Rezound & More

Moore's law of new tech coming out every six months has been greatly increased.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.
    JeffreyDeutsch likes this.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 VRUDMI1 with Jelly Bean 4.3
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Re: RIP: Verizon Discontinuing Droid RAZR, Droid 4, the 32GB SGS3, HTC Rezound & More

Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    Moore's law of new tech coming out every six months has been greatly increased.

Moore's law was every two years speed and amount of transistors on a chip doubles. We are waaaaaay past that now.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.
    JeffreyDeutsch likes this.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Not unexpected - not an impact

My Rezound is still going strong with no signs of my needing to replace it (he said knocking wood at the same time).. O.K., so maybe no Jelly Bean (that would be HTC's call anyway) .. I'm happy, I'm unlimited, so as long as it's kicking, Verizon can kill the next generation of phones as well. It's all to get folks to the inevitable of killing unlimited plans.. At some point I imagine they're going to figure a way to bypass the the "Buy your own retail price phone" as well.

Jay S.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    silverfang1977
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4

That's easy enough to do. All they have to do is say no more unlimited at all and it's gone.

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    That's easy enough to do. All they have to do is say no more unlimited at all and it's gone.

I suppose that's true enough.. they blew past the "grandfathered" clause the first time, although I think if they did this level they could be open for class action. As long as they leave some "mechanism" to an unlimited plan (however painful), they probably feel they're covered.. I can think of a few more things they could throw on top of buying your own phone to make it even more painful..
  6. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Whomever did the study, by 2015 the average phone user will consume 6 gigs per month, at that rate and their current price structure they should offer us grandfathered unlimited people free service for toughing it out. Just my two pennies. BTW only went over 2 gigs once.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Droid Forums
  7. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_S View Post

I suppose that's true enough.. they blew past the "grandfathered" clause the first time, although I think if they did this level they could be open for class action. As long as they leave some "mechanism" to an unlimited plan (however painful), they probably feel they're covered.. I can think of a few more things they could throw on top of buying your own phone to make it even more painful..
    Corkage fee comes to mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Droid Forums
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    silverfang1977
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4

They do that and I'm out.

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible (in 1 week)
    Fascinating choices to retire. I think it signifies when new things are coming.

Interestingly, I just picked up a used Rezound on eBay to replace my Droid Inc, since I don't want to reup my contract with VZW and I'm just waiting til I see what's coming down the pipe for my next device while my friend's line on my family plan expires.
    "Remember all the movies, Terry we'd go see, tryin' to learn how to walk like the heroes we thought we had to be." - Bruce Springsteen
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DNA
    I strongly suspect that by 2015 (which is when I plan on replacing my current phone), eight-core phones may not even be cutting-edge anymore and quad-core will be ho-hum standard. These powerhouse phones will in turn make it much easier to use gobs and gobs of data quickly. (They'll also induce resource-hogging apps to crowd out the simpler ones...note how webpages themselves have evolved over the years*, as have software packages like MS Office and the like!)

Also, I do see how non-removable batteries can be a pain in the butt. Speaking only for myself, I think they're a good security feature (in phones where, if password or similar protection has been set up, you also need to log in to turn them off). That way, if you have a good anti-theft app in place, a thief can't just circumvent it by turning the phone off or removing the battery.

[*] Once upon a time, Lynx was a perfectly good browser for surfing the web!

What do you think?

Jeff Deutsch
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Links