DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: RIP: Verizon Discontinuing Droid RAZR, Droid 4, the 32GB SGS3, HTC Rezound & More

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by Theron View Post
    Because Samsung and Pantech simply don't have the quality that I desire in a phone. Compared to Motorola's devices, the build quality, radio reception, and general reliability just isn't there on phones like the Samsung Statosphere 2 or the Pantech Marauder.
    Motorola can't rest on their laurels forever. In my experience, we have a Note 2, two Samsung S3's, a Rezound, and a Razr Maxx and out of the 4 model phones, the Razr Maxx has the weakest radio reception. It drops down from 4G to 3G much quicker than the rest, and regains 4G much later than the rest.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DNA
    You know physical keyboards are going out of style when BlackBerry is putting out a virtual-keyboard phone:

BlackBerry Z10 (AT&T) Review | Smartphone Reviews

Jeff Deutsch
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Re: RIP: Verizon Discontinuing Droid RAZR, Droid 4, the 32GB SGS3, HTC Rezound & More

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeutsch View Post
    You know physical keyboards are going out of style when BlackBerry is putting out a virtual-keyboard phone:

Jeff Deutsch
    This isn't the first full touch screen blackberry phone. One of the torch variants was full touch.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

Re: RIP: Verizon Discontinuing Droid RAZR, Droid 4, the 32GB SGS3, HTC Rezound & More

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeutsch View Post

Jeff Deutsch
    Quote Originally Posted by liftedplane View Post
    This isn't the first full touch screen blackberry phone. One of the torch variants was full touch.

The Storm, which was released in 2008, was the first Blackberry that only had a touchscreen. The Torch had a touchscreen, but it also had a sliding physical keyboard. But the Torch was released in 2011, well after the Storm was released.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 02-03-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    The Storm, which was released in 2008, was the first Blackberry that only had a touchscreen. The Torch had a touchscreen, but it also had a sliding physical keyboard. But the Torch was released in 2011, well after the Storm was released.
    I owned a tour storm 2 and a friend had the NON slider touch there was a version of the torch without a keyboard.

Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  6. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by liftedplane View Post
    I owned a tour storm 2 and a friend had the NON slider touch there was a version of the torch without a keyboard.

Oh yeah, there was one without a physical keyboard. The major version that was more widely available had that portrait sliding qwerty though.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    Oh yeah, there was one without a physical keyboard. The major version that was more widely available had that portrait sliding qwerty though.
    Yup I liked that one honestly, except they rejoiced the today screen from the os and I had anyway switched to Android. Pretty sad blackberry

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DNA
    Good point about the Z10 not being BlackBerry's all-time first phone without a physical keyboard (whether embedded or slide-out).

As far as I can tell from both my previous observations and the other posts here, BlackBerry's brand has focused on physical keyboards, especially the embedded kind. Indeed, the Motorola Pro (with its embedded keyboard - and also its cool business uses) was Android's way of knocking out BlackBerry.

So if BlackBerry is moving a virtual-keyboard model to the forefront now that it's on the ropes, that looks to me like a very good sign most smartphone users prefer virtual keyboards.

What do you think?

Jeff Deutsch
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    silverfang1977
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    On screen keyboards are terrible unless all one ever types is "LOL WTF OMG!!!1111".
    Samsung Galaxy S4 VRUDMI1 with Jelly Bean 4.3
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    LikwidE
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I've been using Swype the last 3 years so I'm fine with touch screens. If it wasn't for Swype I'd prefer a physical keyboard like the slide out one I had on my Motorola Droid.

As for discontinuing these phones, lol, they throw out a new one every 4 months. All of our current phones will be "outdated" in less than a year. Too many "new" phones. They should slow their roll.
    Last edited by Likwid_E; 02-05-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    JeffreyDeutsch likes this.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Links