DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: RIP: Verizon Discontinuing Droid RAZR, Droid 4, the 32GB SGS3, HTC Rezound & More

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    They'll still be selling the 16GB S3. That's the model that the overwhelming majority of people purchase anyway.
    I have only got 15.99gb on my 32gb S3.it is obviously just a numbers game. If they were selling enough of them to make it possible to keep producing them then it would not be the end of life. Sigh, I must be an application hog.
    hopefully Samsung still offers 32 or 64 gigabyte memory when they do their Galaxy S 4 and the note 3, otherwise I may have to move on to another phone. 16 gigabytes is obviously not acceptable for me when you can't put your applications on your SD card.
    "Sugit Pupillam"
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    360 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdad63 View Post
    I have only got 15.99gb on my 32gb S3.it is obviously just a numbers game. If they were selling enough of them to make it possible to keep producing them then it would not be the end of life. Sigh, I must be an application hog.
    hopefully Samsung still offers 32 or 64 gigabyte memory when they do their Galaxy S 4 and the note 3, otherwise I may have to move on to another phone. 16 gigabytes is obviously not acceptable for me when you can't put your applications on your SD card.
    What is that 15.99GB referring to? Used storage, unused storage, or total storage?

If it's referring to total storage, you're one of the folks who was cheated by Verizon. The 32GB model was supposed to have 32GB of internal storage. But for some reason (possibly due to high initial demand and low stock), Verizon actually shipped many people who ordered the 32GB model a 16GB model with a 16GB microSD card installed. Everyone that I read about online who had that happen to them was able to eventually get a true 32GB model from Verizon after they complained.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Re: RIP: Verizon Discontinuing Droid RAZR, Droid 4, the 32GB SGS3, HTC Rezound & More

Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    What is that 15.99GB referring to? Used storage, unused storage, or total storage?

If it's referring to total storage, you're one of the folks who was cheated by Verizon. The 32GB model was supposed to have 32GB of internal storage. But for some reason (possibly due to high initial demand and low stock), Verizon actually shipped many people who ordered the 32GB model a 16GB model with a 16GB microSD card installed. Everyone that I read about online who had that happen to them was able to eventually get a true 32GB model from Verizon after they complained.
    I think he's referring to unused storage. Either way I remember when a Verizon rep told me the 32gb model was a 16 with a 16gb sd card. I actually laughed in his face and said that's a pretty expensive sd card. He swore up and down that was correct I had to walk away from the store

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy SIII
    Quote Originally Posted by liftedplane View Post
    I think he's referring to unused storage. Either way I remember when a Verizon rep told me the 32gb model was a 16 with a 16gb sd card. I actually laughed in his face and said that's a pretty expensive sd card. He swore up and down that was correct I had to walk away from the store

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.
    No I definitely HAD 32gb, I've just used half of it already. That's why I'll be sad if they only offer 16gb on the S4 or Note 3 like they did on the note 2. It won't be enough memory for me without apps to sd.
    "Sugit Pupillam"
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    I'm hoping this means that the Droid 5 is on the horizon. Some specs I hope too see in the Droid 5 besides better cpu and a physical keyboard are a user removable/replaceable battery and NFC. The Droid 4 is nice but tends to suffer from lag and the lack of NFC and non-removable battery just kills it's longevity.

If Motorola continues to turn out phones with non-removable batteries I will be looking at other manufactures for my next Android phone. Motorola's engineers, designers, and developers need to get a clue.
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Still rocking the Rezound and have yet to see a device that gives me the slightest desire to upgrade (it's going to be a while if I have to pay retail, unless I part ways with my unlimited data). Going to flash some JB soon...
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    I'm hoping this means that the Droid 5 is on the horizon. Some specs I hope too see in the Droid 5 besides better cpu and a physical keyboard are a user removable/replaceable battery and NFC. The Droid 4 is nice but tends to suffer from lag and the lack of NFC and non-removable battery just kills it's longevity.

If Motorola continues to turn out phones with non-removable batteries I will be looking at other manufactures for my next Android phone. Motorola's engineers, designers, and developers need to get a clue.
    Amen. I really hope that they make a D5 soon. As for the batt, if they can put a maxx batt on D5, i'm good with that . Better camera is needed as well.
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    ehh, I'm going to be rocking my D4 for a while. I see no need to upgrade anytime soon.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

Re: RIP: Verizon Discontinuing Droid RAZR, Droid 4, the 32GB SGS3, HTC Rezound & More

And so begins the end of the Motorola Droid series... And I still have my Droid 4.... my precious...

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    liftedplane and cgiguy like this.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    I hope this doesn't mean the end of the Moto Droid series. The D4 was a solid phone, it had an awesome keyboard, and perfect size screen but it was too damn thick! Now that it seems the last of Motorola's old guard's phones have been put out, I'm excited to see where Google takes this company.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links