DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: HTC's Bad PR Move; Forces HTCRUU.com Owner to Shut Down & Hand Over ROMs & Domain

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    GALAXY NEXUS
    Another case of the internet hyping itself up. Apple habitually goes after jailbreak devs...and I dont see their sales dropping

Maybe if HTC made better phones like Samsung has they wouldn't be hurting so much. Its always hilarious thinking the Dev community really matters.
    TheOldFart likes this.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksoxing View Post
    Another case of the internet hyping itself up. Apple habitually goes after jailbreak devs...and I dont see their sales dropping

Maybe if HTC made better phones like Samsung has they wouldn't be hurting so much. Its always hilarious thinking the Dev community really matters.
    Realistically, the modding community for iDevices isn't nearly so large or well put together as that for Android. Even basic modification of icons requires jailbreaking and because of that barrier to entry, to say the average iPhone user becomes discouraged is pretty believable. Secondly, it all adds up. Sending thugs to people's houses, price gouging, horrible releases, and idiotic lawsuits have all combined to start Apple's slide. It's not just one thing that causes problems in the end.

Word of this will get around, and it will hurt HTC's already damaged rep. As mentioned, we're the ones friends and family ask about what to do when it's time for a new device. HTC is taking a foolish road here.
    azdrifter, pc747 and liftedplane like this.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    edit.....
    Last edited by jroc; 01-27-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So now HTC, much like Apple and Sony, are a brand I will never support. When you go after the people that support you, you no longer deserve that support. I can understand a copyright violation complaint on corporate things or whatever else, but this seems more malicious than necessary. Even if it isn't malicious in nature, PR is everything. Sorry, I'll stick with Moto and Samsung from now on.
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    Phone
    GNex & Xoom & OG Droid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    HTC and their poor handling of the Thunderboolt made me leave them, never to go back again... this just adds fuel to the fire for me
    Narsil likes this.
    Moto Droid 1 : Project Elite v4.2
    HTC Thunderbolt : Sold
    Samsung Droid Charge : Stock
    Moto Xoom Wifi : CM10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus : CM10.2
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2 + 3 (NOT 5)
    Quote Originally Posted by bazar6 View Post
    HTC and their poor handling of the Thunderboolt made me leave them, never to go back again... this just adds fuel to the fire for me
    I had the same issue with the Thunderbolt. The power button was always screwy, and after 1 year the phone (which I treated like a baby) just started going into boot-loops for no reason (lousy build quality). Of course I tried to bring it back, but they determined that it was rooted, and did nothing for me. Caveat Emptor, but I refuse to get another HTC product, ever again.

I'm now on a Galaxy Note 2 (one of the best android devices I've ever had) and I still like Motorola products (I've had the OG Droid, Droid 2, and RAZR Maxx). My daughter now has my RAZR MAXX, and I still have my Droid 2 (work provided phone) as a daily phone, along with the Note 2. I've even powered up the OG Droid, and it is still solid.

Cheers,
    B.D.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links