DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: [Exclusive Rumor] Moto's X Phone: Multi-Carrier, Key Lime Pie, Google I/O & More

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Exclusive Rumor] Moto's X Phone: Multi-Carrier, Key Lime Pie, Google I/O & More

To say we have been anxiously awaiting any new intel regarding the "Motorola X Phone" that was rumored last year is a huge understatement. Luckily, our hidden friends in high places within the industry haven't let us down.

We have some new "rumint" today regarding the super-hot phantom device, and we just couldn't wait to share it. We want to preface this with the disclaimer that we have not been able to find any secondary corroboration for this news, and the source is not the most solid we have used, but the content of the rumor seems very plausible. For the sake of possibilities and potentialities we thought it worth-while to offer it for your perusal. Here's what we have heard:
    • The new Motorola X Phone will be a 5-inch device, but the display will be edge-to-edge, and nearly bezel-free. This means it will actually look and feel smaller than a Samsung Galaxy S III.
    • The X Phone will not be a Nexus device. However, while this may initially bring unhappiness to some, apparently this phone will be Motorola's first cross-carrier (hence the X-name) branded phone, free from the tether of Verizon. It is designed to be it's own new hyper-competitive brand.
    • Additionally, the Moto X-Phone will be the first device to ship with Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie and will be announced at the same time as the next mobile OS during Google I/O later this year.
    • Finally, while this will not be a Nexus device, supposedly, Motorola has been working hard to create a UI that both compliments & enhances the Android experience, and is intended to be Nexus-like. Additionally, they are working on a variety of software add-ons to improve the functionality of the device further, much like several of Samsung's software features, like S Beam for example.

Again, please take this rumor with a grain of salt, because we couldn't find any other info across the web to back it up; however, if it is just a fan-boy's imaginings, it seems very logical and well-developed. In fact, it's even possible that many or all of these ideas could hit the mark directly, and that is why we brought it to you guys. If any or all of this intel turns out to be true, Motorola may just end up shaking up the industry again, just like they did with the original Droid back in the beginning. It looks like "X" marks the spot for an exciting treasure in 2013!

Thanks for the tip anonymous!

For more discussions on this rumored device, follow the link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mot...x-phone-forum/
    Last edited by dgstorm; 01-21-2013 at 08:10 AM.
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    680 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member

Re: [Exclusive Rumor] Moto's X Phone: Multi-Carrier, Key Lime Pie, Google I/O & More

This is awesome news & I hope it is true!

~taking notes~
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Locked bootloader comment coming in 3.....2.......1.......

4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    ....it better have an unlocked bootloader....

5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    if it sounds to good to be true......

i am hopeful but also realistic
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Locked bootloader comment coming in 3.....2.......1.......

took almost 5 minutes ..
    cereal killer likes this.
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Premium Member
    Cautiously hopeful ... and simultaneously giddy!!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Additionally, the Moto X-Phone will be the first device to ship with Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie and will be announced at the same time as the next mobile OS during Google I/O later this year.

I thought new versions of android were always launched on a nexus device? isnt that one of the main points of releasing nexus devices?
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Sounds like the Bionic again which I wasted money on.

Prediction;

It'll be thin and cool looking. Have a LOCKED bootloader and an updated version of ugly ass blur running on KLP. Oh and loads of bloatware, because god forbid we don't have bloatware!!

Until Motorola collaborates with Google to make an ultimate Nexus phone I don't care about the X Phone , they'll never get another cent from me again.
    Last edited by justin82; 01-20-2013 at 07:56 PM.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid

Re: [Exclusive Rumor] Moto's X Phone: Multi-Carrier, Key Lime Pie, Google I/O & More

Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    Additionally, the Moto X-Phone will be the first device to ship with Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie and will be announced at the same time as the next mobile OS during Google I/O later this year.

I thought new versions of android were always launched on a nexus device? isnt that one of the main points of releasing nexus devices?
    Ditto

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links