DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sprint News: Soon Covering 28 New Cities in LTE & Will Offer $400 Family Switcher

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    sprint is awful in every one of the circumstances ive been around it, no way would i switch. my roommates cant text or make calls in our house (which is basically made of paper) while i have LTE from VZW. it just isnt worth switching
    Droid > Droid X > Droid X2 > Galaxy Nexus
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Well in my defense, I've been with Verizon for 8 years now, and the reception has ALWAYS been really bad in my neighborhood. I remember one time I had to go outside and walk down the block to get decent reception during a phone call. If they decided to keep my unlimited data on our smart phones when the time comes to get a new phone, then I MAY consider staying with them, but otherwise I won't miss Verizon. My friend has Sprint and he has no issues, same with my sister. It varies from person and place, but I've calculated that I'd be paying a little less on Sprint with unlimited data.

That said, Verizon FINALLY got 4G in my neighborhood a couple of months back, which is nice... but certain areas still switch to 3g every so often.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    At home, we have had 4G for almost a year now. That said, the 4G connection is still spotty. When we are upstairs on the second floor, we get a solid 4G signal. Downstairs on the first floor, we will get a 4G signal, but most of the time as soon as you do something that actually uses data (i.e. open a browser), the signal switches to 3G.

I'm pretty sure this is because I believe that the nearest tower to me does not have 4G, so the 4G signal will drop to the point where the nearer tower with 3G takes over.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links