DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Rumors] LG Nexus 5 & Nexus 7.7 with Tegra 4 & Higher Res Displays at Google I/O

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    DROID3
    Quote Originally Posted by npro1464 View Post
    If I were Google I would push out the next Nexus phone this Spring with Samsung, HTC or Asus and drop LG like a hot potato.
    Samsung is my favorite manufacturer... i've had the galaxy s, s2, galaxy nexus, s3, note ii, and nexus 10.... I'm not sure how it all goes down when working with Google, but at times i have felt like they deliberately held back the galaxy nexus, so people would still buy plenty from their galaxy line in the same period. Like they could have easily deliver better features in some aspects, but didn't for whatever reason. The screen, although 720p, wasn't that impressive for a samsung phone and the processor/gpu became outdated quicker than usual. It was a great phone, but maybe I expected too much? I would love a Samsung Nexus with Exynos 5 Octa and a 5-inch 1080p HD Super AMOLED RGB display. HTC without bloated sense ui could be an interesting choice, especially now that they're making thinner/lighter phones. I hope Motorola stays out of the equation... their phones are too bulky/squared off.
    Last edited by beerme; 01-18-2013 at 01:49 PM.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    D1>D2>Inc2>Rez>Nexus>S3>IP5
    Quote Originally Posted by beerme View Post
    Samsung is my favorite manufacturer... i've had the galaxy s, s2, galaxy nexus, s3, note ii, and nexus 10.... I'm not sure how it all goes down when working with Google, but at times i have felt like they deliberately held back the galaxy nexus, so people would still buy plenty from their galaxy line in the same period. Like they could have easily deliver better features in some aspects, but didn't for whatever reason. The screen, although 720p, wasn't that impressive for a samsung phone and the processor/gpu became outdated quicker than usual. It was a great phone, but maybe I expected too much? I would love a Samsung Nexus with Exynos 5 Octa and a 5-inch 1080p HD Super AMOLED RGB display. HTC without bloated sense ui could be an interesting choice, especially now that they're making thinner/lighter phones. I hope Motorola stays out of the equation... their phones are too bulky/squared off.
    I felt the same way about the Gnex, if they would have just put the S4 processor in it like the s3 has, it would have sold like hot cakes and had much better battery life. It was out, they could have....should have....
    the gnex was the second phone with a 720p screen so not that far behind.
    Nexus 7 2 4.3 PA
    Unlocked and ROM'ed Note 3!!!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links