DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Zmart Remote Control Software and Dongle Converts Smartphones

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2080 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Zmart Remote Control Software and Dongle Converts Smartphones

A company called Viatek, just launched a new app and physical dongle device that can convert your iOS or Android smartphone into a universal remote control for nearly all of your home electronics, like Blu-Ray players, DVD Players, TVS and much more. The app is available for free , but the dongle will retail for $19.99, and attaches to the headphone jack of your smartphone. This seems like a small price to pay compared to the wide variety of very expensive physical universal remotes available in the retail chain. Here's the full press release with some additional info,

Viatek Launches New Zmart Remote for both Android and Apple Devices at CES Show in Las Vegas

Chattanooga, Tennessee, January 2013- Ever dream of controlling everything in your home with one single remote? With the new Zmart Remote, you never have to see a remote control again. Zmart Remote is the first and only remote APP that works on both Apple iOS and Android phones. This powerful universal remote controls everything in the home including, CD Players, Blu-rays, stereo equipment, projectors, even the coffee maker, from the convenience of your Apple or Android phone.

Featuring “Zmarter” than ever technology you can feel confident knowing that your home devices will comply with the Zmart Remote and is covered by a lifetime warranty. Zmart impressively controls a combination of 200,000 devices and covers 95% of brands in the market with a built-in learn command, making it the the most powerful universal remote in the world.

Home automation has never been so easy or convenient. Simply install the free app from the App Store or Google Play. Once installation is complete, plug the small one inch device into the audio jack of your iPhone, iPhone 5, iPad, iPod, or any android devices including phones and tablets. Watch as the Zmart Remote allows you to control every TV, DVD, Blu-ray, home theater, cable box, and appliance in your home effortlessly.

Not only is this wonderful device compliant with your major home appliances, Zmart works in conjunction with the Zmart Switch, an instant 2-way wireless switch that allows you to control overhead lights, ceiling fans, outdoor lights, ceiling fans, and much more.

Suggested retail of Zmart Remote is $19.99 and is now available for purchase at ZMART by Viatek | Home. So Zmart!
    Narsil likes this.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Why didn't I think of that?

I wonder what else could be done with the headphones port?
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    191 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    I think it's brilliant. I loved the idea of the Logitech app but the wifi-to-IR converter was stupid expensive. I might as well spend a couple dollars more and buy a Logitech Harmony remote.

If the app is sophisticated, $20 is nothing to replace several remotes.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    As cool as this is, I still prefer my Harmony remote. I don't look at my remote when I use it. Its all done by feeling the buttons for me.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    if you have htpc you can already do that for free.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Ahahahahaha, tew late. The new Sony Xperia ZL has an IR blaster built in and a pretty large number of standard devices pre-programmed or available for download.

Still, nice to see that someone made this happen. A lot of techies have been trying to come up with something viable for a while now.
    Last edited by MissionImprobable; 01-12-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    This is a great start to an interesting technology. I don't think it is quite ready for prime time. Every time I want to do a remote operation, I need to plug in a little flag on top of my phone. How about use in several rooms?

I do hope this evolves into something more useful...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by rwdfan View Post
    This is a great start to an interesting technology. I don't think it is quite ready for prime time. Every time I want to do a remote operation, I need to plug in a little flag on top of my phone. How about use in several rooms?

I do hope this evolves into something more useful...
    How is this not useful? Am I missing something? You plug it into your phone at your couch, then unplug it when you are done.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    The problem is if you want to use it in more than one location. I would have to carry it with me, or buy one wherever I want to control a remote. I have IR devices in 4 rooms in my house, and one at my business.

I am not saying it's useless, but the capability really shines when I can use it wherever I need it.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Truly nothing new under the sun. Who remember when WinMo's and Palm phones had IR ports on them? My Sony NX70V had some slick multi remote software built in. Granted not a phone but still. Now they charge us for the port and app and we're happy. What's next, FM radio attachment?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links