DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By jntdroid

Thread: T-Mobile Plans Massive Network Improvements; T-Mo CEO Calls AT&T's Network Crap

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2028 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

T-Mobile Plans Massive Network Improvements; T-Mo CEO Calls AT&T's Network Crap

It looks like T-Mobile is getting "very aggressive" in more ways than one. First up, they announced at CES this week they are planning a massive network improvement as they move to 4G LTE. This of course comes hot on the heels of their previously announced "Unlimited 4G Data Plans Without a Contract." Their new plan attempts to offer an affordable monthly Unlimited data option, while simultaneously eliminate subsidies and contracts from the equation. This year we will see how many folks jump ship to give it a shot.

This isn't the only way they are getting aggressive though. Apparently, they are getting heavy in the "smack-talking market" as well. In the video above you can see their CEO, John Legere, call AT&T's network "crap." The moment of the speech where this occurs happens shortly after the 2:05 mark, and is pretty funny.

It's perhaps unexpected to see this much bravado from the fourth place carrier in the market, yet perhaps some of it is warranted. Between the fact that T-Mobile's parent company, Deutsche Telekom, recently announced a massive multi-billion dollar investment into T-Mobile, coupled with their upcoming merger with MetroPCS, perhaps the company has a right to be a little cocky. Regardless, it's great for consumers to see this kind of competition fostered.

Source: TMoNews
    Last edited by dgstorm; 01-11-2013 at 09:43 AM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    gmorgan056
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    My contract with VZW is up in May. I'm going to try their prepaid service to see if it's worth it to switch.
    Rooted OG D1 running Liquid Gingerbread 2.6, Project Elite v6.5, Droid Concepts 12 and many more!
    Chevy No.1 Low V 1.1 Ghz Kernal

A Droid Bionic evolved into a Rezound which then evolved into a Nexus! Running whatever Rom I'm feeling for the day.

Questions about rooting: http://bit.ly/droot

Sent from my Nexus in a Galaxy far, far away...
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Their network is faster than AT&T's HSPA+ in some areas, but still doesn't touch Verizon's LTE. I guarantee you he wasn't referencing LTE when he said "faster than Verizon's network".

Now, Tmo is supposed to be implementing Advanced LTE which will theoretically be faster than Verizon's LTE, but they're so far behind right now that, in my opinion, that's somewhat irrelevant for the time being.

I really like Tmo and what they're trying to do, though - more flexible plans, unsubsidized plans, etc. - it's good stuff and I hope they drive some competition for the consumer.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    394 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    My wife's friend has TMobile and I snagged her phone for a few and put speedtest on it. Her HSPA Network was slower than mine on AT&T and I had to disable LTE first to use it. They can compare HSPA all they want, but AT&T has LTE so.....ya.
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Poor AT&T. Ever since they got the iPhone they've gotten so much hate for their network.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    XT1080
    I think its BS. Lol. Hearing our 4g is faster and we cover more! Ain't got sh!7 on LTE can't wait to see Verizon cover their 3g network 100%

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX

Re: T-Mobile Plans Massive Network Improvements; T-Mo CEO Calls AT&T's Network Crap

People act like his/her sample of 1 represents each companies entire network. Well since we are doing that, my buddies nexus 4 on t mobile makes my lte note2 look like a turtle.

Return of the Android
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    XT1080

Re: T-Mobile Plans Massive Network Improvements; T-Mo CEO Calls AT&T's Network Crap

My b but I'm forced to travel a lot. And everywhere we go if we get service its the guys with verizon. Lol my worst speeds are at home when I'm just close enough to connect to the San Diego tower instead of the one the other direction. And its so much slower in the city.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."

Links