DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Hands-On Video with the NVIDIA Shield Device Shows Off Both Android & Steam Gaming

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2079 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Hands-On Video with the NVIDIA Shield Device Shows Off Both Android & Steam Gaming

Our friends over at Phandroid put up a pretty cool hands-on video demo of NVIDIA's new Project Shield gaming device. In the video you get to see both Android gaming and streaming PC "Steam" gaming. The person doing the demo wasn't very good at "Call of Duty: Black Ops II" but that was no fault of the device. Here's a quote from the guys at Phandroid to share their impressions of the Shield,

Overall, I’d say the device felt solid. Top notch controls, solid build quality, sound rumbled in your hands, gorgeous display. Combine that with top of the line specs, a stock Android experience, and more ports than you can shake a stick at and the Nvidia Shield is sure to be on everyone’s birthday/Christmas/wish lists. In short, the Alisha Keys’ chart topper “This Girl Is On Fire,” was inspired by Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun. The man has struck Android gold.
    What do you guys think? Does this intrigue you more or less now?

Source: Phandroid
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Oh my, now I REALLY want one. Look out iOS. Apple likes to think their devices are good for mobile gaming, this just raised the bar above Apple's head by several feet. I'm stoked about the PC streaming being built in AND having Steam support. I've purchased quite a few Steam games last year that were on sale for a few bucks that I loved playing when they were new. I have a feeling I will have one of these at launch time.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    VZW GNex
    I still have my doubts about the price, but it surely has my interest.

Links