Huawei Also Unveils Their 6.1-Inch Phablet, the Ascend Mate
Huawei also shared their other product that we have heard rumors about previously. This one wants to appeal to folks who either have descended from a race of giants, or folks who simply need a tablet that can act as a phone. It's the Ascend Mate, which is the 6.1-inch smartphone/phablet that we marveled from the rumor-mill lat last year. Here's the spec breakdown for this mutant device:
- 6.1-inch 1280 x 720p HD IPS display
- Dimensions of 163.5 mm x 85.7 mm x 9.9 mm (6.5 inches x 3.4 inches x 0.4 inches)
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Huawei’s own in-house 1.5 GHz quad-core Hi-Silicon K3V2 + Intel XMM6260 processor (Ascend D was K3V1)
- 4050 mAh charge for all day battery life, and 9 days of suggested standby time
- Weights 198g
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB of internal storage
- 8 megapixel AF camera with full 1080p video and HDR capabilities
- UI overlay called "Emotion UI." 100 online themes, but less is more ideas for the widgets. Also features face-recognition.
- Features stereo recording.
- The batteries charge faster, up to 25% less time compared to Android counterparts.
- Automated Discontinuous Reception (ADRX) which helps achieve a 30% power savings.
- "Magic touch" which allows use of the screen while wearing gloves.
We aren't sure what to make of this one, but we suspect there is a market out there for an "all-in-one" device like this. Share your thoughts.