DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [Rumor] Supposedly, Only 375,000 Nexus 4 Phones Have Sold So Far

  1. Senior Droid
    Jeyman's Avatar
    Member #
    85754
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    202
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by xeene View Post
    lack of lte radio killed the deal. why would i want a 3g phone in 4g world?
    maybe because it has "3g+" and that over 70% of the world still does not have lte. The US is the only major outlet of phones. I have 4g in New York but still only have 4g about 50% of the time. lol lets not say 4g is a must yet just because we are fairly lucky in the US(at least by that)
  2. Droid Ninja
    Crankintopwater69's Avatar
    Member #
    175329
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,782
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    #12

    Re: [Rumor] Supposedly, Only 375,000 Nexus 4 Phones Have Sold So Far

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeyman View Post
    maybe because it has "3g+" and that over 70% of the world still does not have lte. The US is the only major outlet of phones. I have 4g in New York but still only have 4g about 50% of the time. lol lets not say 4g is a must yet just because we are fairly lucky in the US(at least by that)
    How many times must this info be shared.The lack of LTE is not the end of the world.



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  3. RS Admin
    pc747's Avatar
    Member #
    18832
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16,643
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankintopwater69 View Post
    How many times must this info be shared.The lack of LTE is not the end of the world.



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    No just it gets looked over by many Americans on networks that support lte .

    But hey those that want lte can get a razr maxx hd and get a n7 or n10.
  4. Droid Ninja
    xeene's Avatar
    Member #
    82269
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,540
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankintopwater69 View Post
    How many times must this info be shared.The lack of LTE is not the end of the world.



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    would you settle for dial up internet right now? sure it's not an end of the world but i won't accept inferior product.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  5. Master Droid
    npro1464's Avatar
    Member #
    119344
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    417
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    #15
    The people who complain about the lack of LTE in the Nexus 4 don't get it- Google is trying to create an avenue to end reliance on subscription-based carriers. Unfortunately, there is no pre-paid LTE available on GSM, so they have to settle for T-Mobile's HSPA+ network. If they wanted to make it available on MetroPCS or some other LTE pre-paid network, they'd have to manufacture a specific CDMA phone for that network, which would bring up costs and complicates their mission. By producing a GSM only phone, they're able to give the consumer choice when choosing his/her wireless provider and the power to leave that provider whenever he/she wants. I agree, the next Nexus should be released everywhere on every network that is willing to accept the terms and conditions that come with the phone (which would exclude VZ anyway). But I'm not against this idea of making an affordable, awesome phone for the pre-paid GSM market. And its not like there isn't a demand for the N4- they've been sold out since it launched months ago. It's LG who is to blame. I can't believe how incompetent this company is at producing this phone.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Crankintopwater69's Avatar
    Member #
    175329
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,782
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    #16

    Re: [Rumor] Supposedly, Only 375,000 Nexus 4 Phones Have Sold So Far

    Quote Originally Posted by npro1464 View Post
    The people who complain about the lack of LTE in the Nexus 4 don't get it- Google is trying to create an avenue to end reliance on subscription-based carriers. Unfortunately, there is no pre-paid LTE available on GSM, so they have to settle for T-Mobile's HSPA+ network. If they wanted to make it available on MetroPCS or some other LTE pre-paid network, they'd have to manufacture a specific CDMA phone for that network, which would bring up costs and complicates their mission. By producing a GSM only phone, they're able to give the consumer choice when choosing his/her wireless provider and the power to leave that provider whenever he/she wants. I agree, the next Nexus should be released everywhere on every network that is willing to accept the terms and conditions that come with the phone (which would exclude VZ anyway). But I'm not against this idea of making an affordable, awesome phone for the pre-paid GSM market. And its not like there isn't a demand for the N4- they've been sold out since it launched months ago. It's LG who is to blame. I can't believe how incompetent this company is at producing this phone.
    Well said sir.We(people)are gonna find something too complain about.



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  7. Droid Sensei
    tgyberg's Avatar
    Member #
    16974
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,752
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    #17
    I finally found a Nexus 4 to play with at a TMo store. Man did I love it! I'm one that likes it's display better than amoled.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 10:33 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 04:14 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 08:39 AM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 11:32 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 01:27 PM

Search tags for this page

nexus 4

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+