DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which Android smartphone is your favorite of 2012?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Galaxy S III

27 27.27%
  • HTC Droid DNA

11 11.11%
  • Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD

27 27.27%
  • LG Nexus 4

2 2.02%
  • Motorola Droid RAZR M

5 5.05%
  • "Other" - I have a different favorite for this year!

27 27.27%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 2012 Year in Review: Best 5 Android Smartphones

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Honestly a horrible list. Not to be rude but it just seems like you took the latest and greatest and made them the "Best" of the years. Most of the phones on here have been out less then half a year. How on earth could you call them the Best of 2012? Just my two cents though.
    we will drive after a couple beers an NOT make a federal case out of it

Current Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Locked Bootloader Android 4.3 Jellybean)
    Retired Phone: Original Droid (Rooted and RunningCyanogenmod 7)
    Galaxy Nexus (Rooted and Rommed running JBSorcery 4.3 with Trinity Kernel)
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Re: 2012 Year in Review: Best 5 Android Smartphones

Because the newer phones typically have better specs.
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Razrm, just wish it was a Maxx with HDMI
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I might get booed, but I still think the Verizon Galaxy Nexus is the best device out there. The sheer amount of development for this phone is insane and it's STILL going strong. This phone never gets old and stale. Spec-wise it's been trampled to death though by every phone out there, but to me it still performs very well despite the crappy battery life. I haven't been jealous of anything newer yet.
    Chizzele, dgstorm and Dusty like this.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    tie between note 2 and maxx hd.
    smalltowngirl13 likes this.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung CHARGE
    sorry but i love my s3... been a great phone and the s beam is awesome. i love Samsung... wish i had the cash to buy the note 2 though

but the s3 has worked flawless(knock on wood)
  7. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNexus View Post
    Honestly a horrible list. Not to be rude but it just seems like you took the latest and greatest and made them the "Best" of the years. Most of the phones on here have been out less then half a year. How on earth could you call them the Best of 2012? Just my two cents though.
    I personally think it's a pretty good list. Not because the phones are newer or anything but because each of those phones brought something new to the game. The all brought something that made them stand out and made them top sellers.
  8. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2081 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNexus View Post
    Calling it a horrible list without sharing your perspective is a bit trollish my friend. I have zero problem if you disagree with our choices, but please share which phone's you like better and why. These five phones were chosen by several of us at HQ after much discussion. I can definitely see several valid arguments for different phones being on this list. Please weigh in with more than your "two cents" because we want a whole $buck-fifty worth of input!
    Last edited by dgstorm; 12-19-2012 at 09:49 PM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I love my galaxy s 3. Best phone I have ever owned. Anyways here is my opinion on the top 5.

1. Galaxy S lll
    2. Galaxy Note 2
    3. Motorola razr maxx hd
    4. HTC One X
    5. IPhone 5
    Last edited by gxyS3_918; 12-19-2012 at 10:46 PM.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I like your choices. I do think a lot of great phones were released in 2012. There are all kinds of options at different price points to serve all different purposes.

I wouldn't put the Droid DNA in the phablet category. It's definitely more of a phone form factor. The additional 0.2 inch display diagonal over the GS3, with possibly less bezel on the sides, doesn't put it in phablet category. Sure the GNote was at 5" but keep in mind the aspect ratio was different making it wider in the hand. The GNote 2 has the same aspect ratio as the DNA but a difference of 0.5" diagonal over the DNA is pretty large.

There has never been a Nexus phone that I liked. Even if you go back to the G1, the screen resolution was too low (my WinMo devices were already 480x640 for a number of years and there was no going back), and the OG Droid had a keyboard which I had tried in a mobile years earlier and new that wasn't the form factor for me. The Nexus One had the Snapdragon S1 processor which was terrible - by far the worst of that generation with a 65nm die size (more heat, worse battery life) and lousy GPU (the Adreno 200 was bad). The 1GHz OMAP from TI and 1GHz Hummingbird both had a 45nm die size and much better GPU's, with the one on the Hummingbird being the best. Too bad Samsung didn't know how to integrate a GPS on their phones. As far as Nexus's go we then had the Nexus S which, for some dumb reason didn't have a notification LED - forget that! Then the Galaxy Nexus came out. Nice but battery life wasn't great and it was a very unreliable phone on Verizon making it useless. Also, it's too bad Nexus devices moved to OLED. Everyone should stay with LCD. I have a Maxx HD. Yeah, current OLED tech is very good and the screens look fine and are not bad outside but still, LCD uses less power for a given brightness. Also, Nexus devices need MicroSD slots and what dev doesn't want a real MicroHDMI port!!! I'll take better hardware and wait a little longer for my OS update. Especially since ICS - Android has really grown up!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links