DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xeene

Thread: Amazon AppStore Usage Skyrockets 500% Over Last Year

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2050 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Amazon AppStore Usage Skyrockets 500% Over Last Year

If there was any doubt that Android and the Kindle Fire tablets are a resounding success, then you can probably dispel that theory now. To go along with rising sales of Android tablets, and especially the Kindle Fire products, we now have word from Amazon that their Appstore has skyrocketed in use. App downloads from Amazon's Appstore have risen 500% since last year. Here's a quote with a few more details,

“Amazon offers the best end-to-end solution for app and game developers,” said Aaron Rubenson, Director of Amazon Appstore for Android. “Developers can use Amazon Web Services’ building blocks as the infrastructure for their games. To enhance customer engagement, they can add features like GameCircle’s Leaderboards, Achievements, Friends, and Whispersync. Amazon’s In-App Purchasing allows developers to generate additional income. Finally, since discovery can be a major challenge for app developers, we’re providing more and more ways to help developers reach customers on Amazon, Kindle Fire devices, and in our Appstore. We’re working hard to make lives easier for developers, and to give them more ways to grow their business.”
    Of course, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that the Amazon Appstore is seeing tremendous success. Amazon has pulled off a marketing miracle with the Kindle Fire and Fire HD line of products. Their tight integration of this popular and affordable tablet within their entire Amazon ecosystem was exactly what they were aiming for. Right now the three big dogs in this field are the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and the Amazon Appstore. This market dominance will likely only increase as time goes on, since these three competitors have the most well established consumer ecosystems on the planet.

Source: Kindle-Fireforum via BGR

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    What helps the Amazon App Store is that they offer that free app of the day. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't go there.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    that's an icon for amazon shopping app, the amazon appstore looks like this Amazon AppStore Usage Skyrockets 500% Over Last Year-amazon-appstore-382x250.jpg
    steve.messer84 likes this.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    What helps the Amazon App Store is that they offer that free app of the day. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't go there.
    Yep. I snagged like OfficeSuite and a similar app or two early on, but they don't seem to offer many good freebies any more.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    Yep. I snagged like OfficeSuite and a similar app or two early on, but they don't seem to offer many good freebies any more.
    I know. I don't go there on a daily basis like I used to. In the beginning, I picked up Swiftkey X (which got me Swiftkey 3), App2SD Pro (which is now useless in JB), Thumb Keyboard, OfficeSuite Pro, Documents to Go, Quickoffice Pro, Fancy Widgets, FlexT9 keyboard, PicSay Pro, SeekDroid, Soundhound Infinity, and Splashtop Remote Desktop.

Links