DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Consumer Reports Rates Carriers; AT&T at the Bottom Again and Verizon Still on Top

1. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Consumer Reports Rates Carriers; AT&T at the Bottom Again and Verizon Still on Top-forumrunner_20121129_145029.png

Heavily populated area, versus sparsely populated about 10 miles apart.

Consumer Reports Rates Carriers; AT&T at the Bottom Again and Verizon Still on Top-forumrunner_20121129_145051.png
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    G-Nex (fon), OGD1(alarm clock)
    there is a difference between being the "highest" rated, and being "highly" rated. my recall is that cellular companies do not enjoy particularly high ratings/satisfaction overall (compared to other better regarded industries).

I like verizon alright, and their network gives me and the fam coverage in places that I'd otherwise not be able to use a phone, but I wouldnt say I'm particularly thrilled with them as a company - either in their general practices or the way they've treated me. Not pissed either, but a big fat "meh" overall.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid 2, 3, 4, & DNA
    Things have certainly changed. I remember when AT&T was the big dog and Verizon was the little dog that started snatching up companies left and right to provide reliable service. For me, that's what Verizon is best at; providing consistent and reliable service. It costs more but I have something I can count on. I wish other companies can provide the same level of reliability at a lower cost because I would jump on it right away. I continue to notice wherever I go I always have strong phone and data service while my friends and family have to wait for a better signal. I'm not in the hills or valleys, just the usual places in the LA and OC counties.

As an aside, a relative bought an iPhone5 without consulting me. She told me about Siri and how it can talk to you. I said "wow, it's really great that Apple can innovate." I could've sworn my phone turned on and I heard Google Now say something about me being incorrect.
  4. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    Phone
    GNex & Xoom & OG Droid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Did they also ask the customers serveyed if they knew the difference between AT&T's 4G and 4G LTE? Most consumers aren't aware of the huge difference... I wonder if that could be skewing the results for AT&T's "outstanding" 4G LTE service
    Moto Droid 1 : Project Elite v4.2
    HTC Thunderbolt : Sold
    Samsung Droid Charge : Stock
    Moto Xoom Wifi : CM10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus : CM10.2
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    4g is an often misused generic term. Verizon had major issues when they first went live that lasted for months of sporadic data outages. It seems, to me at least, they solved the problem by lowering speeds across the board from what they were last year.
    As far as overall satisfaction it's like asking do you prefer stepping in dog turds or cat turds with todays pricing, reliability and customer service both before and after the sale.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    4g is an often misused generic term. Verizon had major issues when they first went live that lasted for months of sporadic data outages. It seems, to me at least, they solved the problem by lowering speeds across the board from what they were last year.
    As far as overall satisfaction it's like asking do you prefer stepping in dog turds or cat turds with todays pricing, reliability and customer service both before and after the sale.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I've noticed this as well, speeds used to be 20Mbps+, but now I'm lucky to get 5-15Mbps.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    I've noticed this as well, speeds used to be 20Mbps+, but now I'm lucky to get 5-15Mbps.
    Some areas around Richmond last year I was pulling between 45 and 60 (got shine amazing screen shots to show off) and now I'm lucky to get 5 to 10. The cells closest to my home have dropped from about 5 average to 2-3 with a lot more drops and latency, whereas last December the signal was rock solid when not experiencing a national outage.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links