DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Pandigital Goes 'Belly Up'; Will No Longer Honor Warranties

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2023 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Pandigital Goes 'Belly Up'; Will No Longer Honor Warranties

Technically the company, Pandigital, first began their liquidation bankruptcy proceedings in July of this year, but now the company is truly looking "belly-up." Owners of a Pandigital Android tablet were sent an email recently reminding them that the comapny went bankrupt and will no longer be offering any warranty work or replacements for existing devices. This probably didn't come as a surprise to most, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. Here's the email,

Due to this liquidation process any further requests for warranty replacements cannot be honored.

Please be advised that Pandigital, Inc (the 'Company'), executed a General Assignment for the benefit of its creditors in favor of Credit Management Association on July 13, 2012 (the 'General Assignment'). A general assignment is a common law means of concluding the affairs of an insolvent debtor as an alternative to the Chapter 7 bankruptcy process. Pandigital is currently in the process of liquidation by the Assignee.

You are receiving this email as you have recently been shipped a warranty replacement for a Pandigital product.
    This is a bit unfortunate, because Pandigital's products were actually pretty good...

Source: Engadget via AndroidTablets.net

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I was given a pandigital android tablet from my Pastor, and it literally spent less than 30 minutes outside the box before i put it back and stashed it in the closet.

Bummer for those who'll need a warranty service though.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicxtacy02 View Post
    I was given a pandigital android tablet from my Pastor, and it literally spent less than 30 minutes outside the box before i put it back and stashed it in the closet.

Bummer for those who'll need a warranty service though.
    Give the one you have to a developer so they could do some cool things with it. I'm thinking a custom ROM, overclocked, it could become more than the sum of it's parts. Good example of that would the the HP Touchpad.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > G A L A X Y N E X U S > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Wondering if these fell under the you get what you pay for department. Seems like I'm reading more and more stories like this lately. Low initial cost usually equates into a crappy product. $50 or $75 on a low end tablet that gets used for a month & then sits is $50-$75 wasted, not $100 saved.
    AC Shade

Yes my avatar is a chicken....WITH A CAMERA ON ITS HEAD!!!!
    Typed from some sort of computing device, but probably from my LG G2 which is fun to say over and over and over again...
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Google Nexus 4
    Yeah, this outcome pretty much sucks, kind of like the pandigital android tablet I played with at my cousin's last Christmas - couldn't pay me to keep that POS.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    SGS 3 rooted
    The truly unfortunate ending is that the small business / company cannot really compete in the tech field and be successful. Not in this area anyways. But, there is more here that can be brought to the table if a company can surmount the obstacles that are artificially put in their way. EDIT: Early morning and still slightly inebriated. However, I'll stand behind this sober as well.
    Last edited by Viktorr; 11-26-2012 at 02:47 AM.

Links