DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 9 Post By johnomaz

Thread: [Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S IV to be Unveiled at CES 2013 with 5-Inch 1080p Display

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2042 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S IV to be Unveiled at CES 2013 with 5-Inch 1080p Display

News of future Samsung Galaxy devices has been a little slow lately. Of course, that is not surprising considering that Samsung likely wants to milk the SGS3 cash cow for as long as possible. That doesn't mean that they aren't working on its successor though, and in fact this evening we have a break in the dry spell of news for that exact subject. Supposedly "rumint" indicates that the Samsung Galaxy S IV will debut in CES in January of next year.

Additional info accompanies this rumor in the form a specific spec for this next Sammy superphone. The scuttlebutt is that the SGS4 will arrive with a 5 inch 1920Χ1080 HD Super AMOLED display to compete with all of the other phablet sized devices hitting the market. More than likely this rumor is off just a little bit. Usually Samsung announces these things at Mobile World Congress which happens in February instead. Of course, both of these suppositions could be inaccurate as well. Lately Sammy has been prone to holding their own press events in New York, so they could follow that same pattern again. Either way, we will let you know as soon as any more details emerge.

Thanks for the tip, Astrix!

Source: Droiddog

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    I'm sorry, but the SGS4 doesn't need to compete with the phablets, thats what the Galaxy Note is. I mean, the Note is the first born of phablets. I think Samsung has two great sizes and doesn't/shouldn't take the SGS4 to 5 inches.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    VZW Note 3
    5" 1080p screen. cool as long as your trimming bezels and not making another Note 2.
    Add some Motorola quality radios, slim down the Touchwiz a bit, and add a 3300mah+ battery (it does not have to be cracker thin, it needs to last forever on a charge) and you have me waiting.
    Give us all we want and you will have us all as customers Sammy. Dont fall short like HTC and Moto just did. Please make this the phone to have.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    I can't see this happening unless Sammy is going to discontinue the Note and Frankesteinombine (I love making new words ) the Galaxy S and Note into one machine which would, in my opinion, be a mistake. Keep the Note Phabletastic and keep the Galaxy S smaller but still large and continue to dominate.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    D1,DX,TB,DB,GNx,GS3,GN2,GS4,N3
    I'm sure whatever they have in store for CES will be good. It's a bonus that I'll actually be there this year. Can't wait!!!
    Nate
    -------------------------------------------
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Having a 5" GS4 and 5.5 N2/3 doesn't make much sense, and I can't see them increasing the Note much larger than it is already. There is a lot of bezel though, especially at the top and bottom that can be trimmed down.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Off topic, but does anyone know if they have something similar to CES in New York?

Links