DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Samsung Vows to Fight On; Has No Plans to Settle with Apple

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2049 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Samsung Vows to Fight On; Has No Plans to Settle with Apple

Despite HTC's recent settlement with Apple, Samsung recently issued a statement they have no plans to back down in their legal patent war with the clan from Cupertino. Here's a quote with the details,

In an interview with Yonhap News, Shin Jong-kyun, head of Samsung’s mobile and IT division, revealed that the South Korean manufacturer doesn’t plan to follow HTC’s legal strategy and will instead continue to fight Apple in court.

“It may be true that HTC may have agreed to pay 300 billion won (US$276 million) to Apple, but we don’t intend to (negotiate) at all,” he said.
    What do you think of this stance? Are you glad to see Samsung stand up against the bully of the tech world, or would you prefer them to work things out and focus on something else?

Source: BGR

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    The epic battle wages on between the rebellion and the evil empire... que dramatic orchestra music
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    Liked
    2049 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    xsylus likes this.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Re: Samsung Vows to Fight On; Has No Plans to Settle with Apple

I'm backing Sammy. Someone needs to continue to stand up to crapple and not back/bow down.
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Who cares, two Giant corporations in a pissing match, why do people get so personal about this crap, unless you are a shareholder or company employee of either company, then maybe yes, but if that is not the case, then I say, WHO CARES.
    akhenax likes this.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Twitter
    NeoPhoenixTE
    Phone
    Droid 4 (Maserati) - CM10.1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    Who cares, two Giant corporations in a pissing match, why do people get so personal about this crap, unless you are a shareholder or company employee of either company, then maybe yes, but if that is not the case, then I say, WHO CARES.
    Legal fights cost companies money, and that means funds are being redirected from other parts of the company that could improve products or keep prices down for end users such as ourselves.

Anyone who uses (or intends to use) any of Samsung's products is essentially a shareholder in the corporation in the end.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenixTE
    Legal fights cost companies money, and that means funds are being redirected from other parts of the company that could improve products or keep prices down for end users such as ourselves.

Anyone who uses (or intends to use) any of Samsung's products is essentially a shareholder in the corporation in the end.
    You are way off on all your arguments, do you really think the phone you buy will be cheaper because there us no litigation, lol, and no you are not a share holder because you buy a product from a company, you actually need to purchase $ stock.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Same way ppl get personal with their fav sports team....lol. It is what it is.
    cobravnm13 likes this.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Same way ppl get personal with their fav sports team....lol. It is what it is.
    True, but my smartphone has done WAY SO MUCH MORE for me than any sports team. If I had to pick between my smartphone and every sports team, professional, collegiate, and high school put together, there would be no competition. My smartphone wins.
    jroc and akhenax like this.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    so you would like a company like apple to continue to patent ridiculous items and use that to stunt other companies innovations? and sue anything and everything that comes close to designing something similar to your product..
    BaSHa and liftedplane like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links