The Verizon and HTC joint press event just kicked off, and just as predicted the HTC Droid DNA was just officially announced. The phone is up for pre-order now, and will hit retail shelves on November 21st. The device will sell for $199.99 on a new Verizon contract. The new superphone/phablet has some serious specs which you can see below.
This is one powerhouse device! It's pretty good looking too. This is like a nerd's ultimate wish-list of features, although the battery is a bit weaker than the rumors suggested and is not removable. Still, it has embedded wireless charging which might offset that inconvenience a tad for some. What do you guys think? Does it wow enough?
- 5-inch HD 1080p Super LCD 3 screen (1920x1080) - 440PPI
- 8MP, f/2.0, 28mm wide angle lens, smart LTE flash, BSI sensor, autofocus, HTC ImageChip and 1080p HD video recorder; 2.1MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor and 1080p video recorder.
- 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 APQ8064 and MDM9615m Graphics
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean + HTC Sense 4+
- 16GB eMMC, (11GB usable storage)
- 2 GB RAM
- 2020mAh lithium ion - embedded
- 4G LTE, CDMA, Quad GSM, Quad UMTS
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- 141 x 70.5 x 9.73 mm
- 138 grams / 4.86 ounces
- HDMI via MHL
- HTML5, Bluetooth 4.0 aptX
- A microUSB and microSIM
- Headset and speaker amplifiers
- 3.5mm 2.55v stereo audio jack
- Dual microphone noise cancellation
- Embedded wireless charging
- G-sensor, ambient light sensor, digital compass, proximity sensor, gyro sensor
Please join the discussion in our new HTC Droid DNA Forums.
Source: Verizon and HTC Press Event