DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: HTC Droid DNA Officially Announced Coming to Verizon Nov 21st for $200 On Contract

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    Very nice looking but I still don't understand manufacture's decision to make devices with non-removable batteries.
    I've never carried a replacement battery. It's not something I have any interest in doing. I like to get a full day, but I'll plug into a nearby charger before replacing a battery. My suspicion is most people feel the same.

However, I have had my battery fall out a few times because the battery doors aren't always perfect. And that's a nuisance.

My only beef with the non-removeable battery is doing a hard reset, which maybe I wouldn't need to do on my Rezound if I wasn't running a rom but I have had to do it.
    geoff5093 likes this.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    ...My only beef with the non-removeable battery is doing a hard reset, which maybe I wouldn't need to do on my Rezound if I wasn't running a rom but I have had to do it.
    My work associate has a RAZR and it locked up on him. He held the power button for over a minute solid and it wouldn't shut down. He had to leave it that way over the weekend (the screen would turn off automatically but nothing else) until the battery was totally dead. After charging it, it worked. I like being able to pull the battery to hard reboot.

I've also had to replace a battery that went bad in an OG Droid after warranty expired. The battery was bulged and clearly defective.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    I've never carried a replacement battery. It's not something I have any interest in doing. I like to get a full day, but I'll plug into a nearby charger before replacing a battery. My suspicion is most people feel the same.

However, I have had my battery fall out a few times because the battery doors aren't always perfect. And that's a nuisance.

My only beef with the non-removeable battery is doing a hard reset, which maybe I wouldn't need to do on my Rezound if I wasn't running a rom but I have had to do it.
    I feel exactly the same, many phones with removable batteries tend to have the back cover fall off extremely easy.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
    My work associate has a RAZR and it locked up on him. He held the power button for over a minute solid and it wouldn't shut down. He had to leave it that way over the weekend (the screen would turn off automatically but nothing else) until the battery was totally dead. After charging it, it worked. I like being able to pull the battery to hard reboot.
    Phones like the Razr typically have a workaround for a hard reboot. In the case of the Razr it is holding the power button down as well as volumn down button. I dont have an issue with nonremoveable so long as it is of an appropriate size for the phone.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    D1>D2>Inc2>Rez>Nexus>S3>IP5
    My predictions were correct...HTC with the first 1080p screen.
    Nexus 7 2 4.3 PA
    Unlocked and ROM'ed Note 3!!!!!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

I've also had to replace a battery that went bad in an OG Droid after warranty expired. The battery was bulged and clearly defective.
    Hold both volume buttons and the poorer button... problem solved. I've had mine lock up like that before, took me three minutes to reboot it.

Now you know and knowing's half the battle.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Desktops and laptops can be forced to shutdown without having to remove the battery or unplug it, you simply hold the power button down for 10 seconds. The same is true for phones with built in batteries, manufacturers build in a fail safe where if you hold down power and volume up/down for a few seconds, it will force shut it down.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Links