DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: HTC Droid DNA Officially Announced Coming to Verizon Nov 21st for $200 On Contract

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdroidman View Post
    You are absolutely correct in that HTC ruined the thunderbolt by ONLY updating it to Gingerbread despite all of their promises for more updates. I love this phone but the fact that I have a thunderbolt is making me leary of buying it.
    Are you serious, the specs on the Thunderbolt only warranted certain updates, do you know how OLD your smartphone is, updates, LOL.
    combatmedic870 likes this.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    So I just upgraded 10 months ago, but got an email from VZW telling me to "upgrade today". Is this because I'm still on unlimited, or is it a glitch that they are really badgering me to upgrade at retail?

Just seems to me like if I got an email they would be offering some sort of promotion.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    OG--ThunderBolt--Galaxy Nexus
    After messing around with my cousins Note 2 yesterday, officially felt the need to get a phone with a larger screen (Galaxy Nexus isint that small but still).... I had my hopes set on this, and I dont even mind the small battery, the quad core processor is supposed to help battery purposes. but only 11GB of useable space! I dont understand what companies are thinking nowadays?? Same thing with the Nexus4.. With all the apps coming out today, especially the games... giant size apps. That leaves us even less space to load Music and movies on our phones. What is the point of having a large screen than!

just in a pissy mood because this phone actually looks awesome. All phones should come out with a minimum of 32gb...
    I saw the HTC one X+ coming out with 64GB... why not this??
    bkdodger likes this.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    just in a pissy mood because this phone actually looks awesome. All phones should come out with a minimum of 32gb...
    I saw the HTC one X+ coming out with 64GB... why not this??
    It will... in 6 months
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    OG--ThunderBolt--Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    It will... in 6 months
    Than I will just have to wait... 11GB is almost impossible to use... I have 8 gigs in just music on my Nexus
    Its been a disappointing year and I think this was probably the last major flagship phone (especially from verizon).
    I was really looking forward to the nexus4 but that's not even on verizon, let alone the 16gb internal
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    793 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note3(N2/Nexus)
    Premium Member

Re: HTC Droid DNA Officially Announced Coming to Verizon Nov 21st for $200 On Con

It's just disappointing to see new phones with unacceptable storage with no add on space.... I think they just all want to push cloud services... Still plenty games and apps people will like to store it on phone... Why not give choices from the beginning so if you are worried about the price range we can choose... This way you grab different groups interested.. Battery is yet to be determined but if you want to pump up a phone with music as an attraction how do you expect a tiny battery to survive? Wireless charging OK I just happen to have one in my pocket...

°BK's pure G-Nex°
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
    Forum Rules Here!!

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Than I will just have to wait... 11GB is almost impossible to use... I have 8 gigs in just music on my Nexus
    Its been a disappointing year and I think this was probably the last major flagship phone (especially from verizon).
    I was really looking forward to the nexus4 but that's not even on verizon, let alone the 16gb internal
    Google is pushing Nexus devices towards using Cloud storage. Perhaps manufacturers are trying to do the same. It's kind of a catch 22 though because of all the tight data restrictions carriers have.

-Why didn't you put more storage space or include an SD slot?

-You can use the cloud

-On my 2 GB data plan?

Fortunately, I'm on unlimited and don't care about how much data I use and don't really need storage space. The cloud does fine for me. But I can see what a hindrance it can be for customers stuck on a tiered or share plan.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    Google is pushing Nexus devices towards using Cloud storage. Perhaps manufacturers are trying to do the same. It's kind of a catch 22 though because of all the tight data restrictions carriers have.

-Why didn't you put more storage space or include an SD slot?

-You can use the cloud

-On my 2 GB data plan?

Fortunately, I'm on unlimited and don't care about how much data I use and don't really need storage space. The cloud does fine for me. But I can see what a hindrance it can be for customers stuck on a tiered or share plan.
    Then there is people like myself, who have boat load " I currently have 19 movies on my 64 Micro SD card" of high resolution movies on their micro SD cards and also high resolution Music "I also have that". In regards to the movies, why should I purchase a high resolution movie from Google Play or the Verizon movie Store and pay upwards of $15 and only be able to watch it on the cloud "data" be it wifi or 4G LTE, when I can just purchase the same movie on a DVD on Amazon "and now own the hard copy" and use DVD Catalyst - to transfer it to my PC and any portable media storage I want to " like my micro SD card" and be able to watch the movie and listen to my music while in areas with no reception. This goes to show you how desperate these companies are in trying to sell their cloud services "and service providers their data", this is the same reason I will not buy a Nexus Device, until it has removable storage or at least "minimum" 64 Gigs, which in the end you always have to shave 5 Gigs off that # for the OS.
    Last edited by cybertec69; 11-13-2012 at 02:04 PM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    What Syndicate said: I fear Google is going to pressure everyone to stop using SD slots. Sad. Very sad. That, to me, is was always what set the Android phones far apart from the Apple phones.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    You should use Google music and save yourself some space.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links