DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Motorola Droid RAZR HD Seems To Be Suffering From Screen Issue?

1. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member

Motorola Droid RAZR HD Seems To Be Suffering From Screen Issue?

Some reviewers have been pointing out that the RAZR MAXX HD may not be all it's cracked up to be. Again, judgement is in the eye of the beholder. But some are reporting smeared, kinda like when you press down on an LCD screen and see an array of rainbow colors. But just something to keep in mind before you buy... test all your choices and make sure it's what you want!

Think this will affect your decision?

Via: Pocketnow
    Last edited by dgstorm; 11-09-2012 at 07:46 AM.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    This type of issue isn't too uncommon among first release phones. Depends on how widespread it is.
    jroc likes this.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Yea.....is either a manufacturing defect.....or a design flaw. I'm leaning towards manufacturing defect. I just sent in my PS Vita for a warranty issue. My screen was jumping and would only stop if I held down the power button and the PS button didnt work. I think they just gave a a new system instead of fixing it. My screen was scratched up and it looks new.

Just checked the screws and serial number, they just game a a new system...I wondered why it got sent back so fast....lol.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535
    Reminds me a lot of the DroidX. I had three replacement phones due to things like this. I was almost second guessing myself for switching to the s3 and not waiting for the hd. However, this story confirms that I made the right decision. No more Motorolas for me.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by skennelly View Post
    Reminds me a lot of the DroidX. I had three replacement phones due to things like this. I was almost second guessing myself for switching to the s3 and not waiting for the hd. However, this story confirms that I made the right decision. No more Motorolas for me.
    The funny thing is...I had a Droid X, no issues, a RAZR, no issues, a Maxx HD...no issues.

Its really hard to say if its a defect or design flaw or if it effect alot of ppl. Bad batches do happen too.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    XT1080

Re: Motorola Droid RAZR HD Seems To Be Suffering From Screen Issue?

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    The funny thing is...I had a Droid X, no issues, a RAZR, no issues, a Maxx HD...no issues.

Its really hard to say if its a defect or design flaw or if it effect alot of ppl. Bad batches do happen too.
    Droid x never had one flaw for me. Bionic. Still running strong and loving it.

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2
    "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMYBOT View Post
    Droid x never had one flaw for me. Bionic. Still running strong and loving it.

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2
    Just goes to show you that it's all a matter of perspective and experience. Manufacturers need to do everything in their power to eliminate these types of problems because for the person that buys this phone and has the above experience, will most likely not give motorola another chance. I know I won't. I bought my S3 and have had an amazing experience so far and chances are, Samsung has a customer for a long time.
    jroc and akhenax like this.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr HD Maxx
    i'm voting for a manufacturing defect. My Razr HD Maxx is is great! http://cdn.droidblog.net/forum/image...ncingDroid.gif
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by skennelly View Post
    I bought my S3 and have had an amazing experience so far and chances are, Samsung has a customer for a long time.
    Until Samsung messes up and they will. They all do. Vendors go up and down. 30 years ago Ford made junk for cars and now they are making some of the best out there. Not giving you a hard time...I am jumping ship on Moto also after the Bionic fiasco. Just waiting to see the Note 2 on Verizon before I decide on that or the S3. Wife has had the S3 for several weeks. Touchwiz is amazing and the phone is rock solid.

So to answer the original question does this possible issue impact my decision, no because I have already made my decision. But it does reaffirm to me that I am making the right decision to jump ship.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Anyone have a pic of what this flaw looks like? I never saw it on my DroidX, and I have two RazR HD's and they both seem fine, but I don't what I am looking for...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links