DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Apple Pushes Harder; Seeks to Add Galaxy Note 10.1 & Jelly Bean to Infringment Claim

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2081 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Apple Pushes Harder; Seeks to Add Galaxy Note 10.1 & Jelly Bean to Infringment Claim

Apple is not backing down from their legal onslaught against Samsung. In fact, a new report from Reuters today reveals that Apple is actually pushing harder. They are seeking to add the Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet and Android 4.1/Jelly Bean itself to their list of infringing patents lawsuit against Samsung. Today, in a San Jose Federal court, Apple made their argument to U.S. Magistrate Judge Paul S. Grewal.

This move by Apple is likely a knee-jerk reaction to Samsung filing patent infringement claims against the iPhone 5 at the beginning of October. No ruling has been made on either motion yet, but here are some details outlining where and when things are headed for the final showdown:

The case in which Apple added the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Jelly Bean operating system is scheduled for trial in 2014.

Apple already has won a preliminary order from Koh blocking U.S. sales of Samsung’s Nexus smartphone. In August, Apple added the Galaxy S III smartphone to its list of products that it says infringe its patents.

In the previous patent lawsuit between the two companies that went to trial in July, the jury found that Suwon, South Korea-based Samsung infringed six of seven Apple patents at stake.

Koh has scheduled December hearings in that case to consider Apple’s request for a permanent U.S. sales ban on eight Samsung smartphone models and the Tab 10.1. She will also consider Samsung’s bid to get the August verdict thrown out based on claims of juror misconduct.
    Just. Wow. 2014! This whole thing is going to go the long-haul. I guess we better hunker down for a long and protracted proxy war in the courts. The tech world's global "thermonuclear" war has only just begun apparently...

Source: Bloomberg
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    I'm completely disgusted and I might even stop buying apple products to turn for profit. I'm tired of apple and their BS... just die already.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Oh wow...2014. Completely useless.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  4. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    most of the "banned devices" would be extremely outdated in 2014, meaning apple would spend many more dollars adding future devices into their claim.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    What in the world? 2014? We will be on Android 6.1 and they will still be on ios 1.6
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    LG Nexus 4
    apple = sore loser

I'm as sick of this as everyone else is. And suing Samsung over...Android? Let me go sue GM because of a Ford pickup truck...

Wish someone would put those sore losers in their place, in the courts, basically saying "no more" to the patent claims.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    it's ok, apple might not exist in 2014.
    Narsil and johnomaz like this.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Is it just me, or is Apple trying very slyly to go after Google? JB is Google's thing, not Samsung's....

In all honestly....when Honeycomb was released...I'm surprised Apple didn't go after it. Anyone ever look at the settings areas for iOS and Honeycomb, ICS? That on/off slider.....
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Reading up more on this latest waste of the legal system....seems like Apple is trying to sue because of....wait for it.....

Wait for it....

the Stylus. Seriously....the stylus...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...e-patents.html
    Last edited by jroc; 11-07-2012 at 05:31 AM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Note II, D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Reading up more on this latest waste of the legal system....seems like Apple is trying to sue because of....wait for it.....

Wait for it....

the Stylus. Seriously....the stylus...

Apple Says Samsung
    so because the gnote 10.1 has a stylus, that makes it cooler than the ipad... I think apple is jealous.
    dgstorm likes this.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links