DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Detonation
  • 1 Post By SquireSCA

Thread: Official OTA Jelly Bean for Droid RAZR HD Leaked. Update NOW!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    584 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member

Official OTA Jelly Bean for Droid RAZR HD Leaked. Update NOW!

Over the years Motorola has established themselves as one of the worst manufacturers when it comes to releasing timely updates for their android handsets, especially those under the "Droid" moniker. They have recently pledged to bring updates to newer devices much faster than before, even going as far as to offer a $100 credit towards a new phone if they couldn't bring an update to a device you had purchased within the past year. We are beginning to see evidence of improvements. The Bionic has finally received its ICS update. The Droid RAZR M will be receiving Jelly Bean within the next several weeks, and now we have a Leaked version of Jelly Bean for the Droid RAZR HD! This is an early build and as such is not complete, but it shows us that they are hard at work to bring this update to our devices in a hurry.

The update is simple to install. You don't have to be rooted, but if you are rooted you will have to backup root with the "OTA Rootkeeper" app since the new root method will not work on Jelly Bean. It has also been verified that you can flash the ICS fastboot in RSD lite to return to stock ICS if you find this early version of JB to be a bit buggy.

To install

-Download the update.zip and the crc file from the source link below
    -Move it to your external1

(Backup Root with OTA Rootkeeper app if you wish to remain rooted)

-Boot into recovery mode (volumeup+volumedown+power, then scroll to recovery, the volume up to select)
    -Select "update from external"
    -Choose zip

Enjoy!

Via DroidRzr.com
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    Since this is a leaked early build, I wouldn't necessarily call it "official". I thought the actual OTA update they'll be pushing out leaked. Still good news to see it, none the less.
    djspy likes this.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Phone
    note 2
    Premium Member
    Is this they same build for razr1

point of origin
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Is it the official OTA or is it an incomplete early build? Not exactly the same thing and you could strand some people off the OTA path if the security is changed and the build cannot be FXZ'ed.
  5. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    584 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dfcfu342
    Is it the official OTA or is it an incomplete early build? Not exactly the same thing and you could strand some people off the OTA path if the security is changed and the build cannot be FXZ'ed.
    This is officially from Motorola... not an aosp rom. It is incomplete as stated in the OP. It has been confirmed that you can get back to stock ICS with an fxz as stated in the OP.
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Been running it on both of our phones since Friday, no issues at all. Phones are noticeably faster than with ICS, and benchmark scores shot way up as well.

I don't see anything missing and I have seen no bugs yet. It doesn't wipe your phone, you don't have to back up and restore anything, or even set the phone up after install. Just drop to stock Recovery, install the file, reboot into Jelly Bean goodness and go on about your day. Less than 10 minutes start to finish.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    AnTutu under ICS and then with JB:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official OTA Jelly Bean for Droid RAZR HD Leaked. Update NOW!-razrhd-ics-jb.png  
    trestevenson likes this.

Links