DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Nexus 4 in Google Play Store 'Coming Soon'; 8GB $299 Unlocked & 16GB $349 Unlocked

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by npro1464 View Post
    The 16 GB thing sucks, no doubt. But I would take this with no dorky carrier branding, direct updates and freedom to change service anytime over bootlocked, bloated phones that you have to share 2 GBs with your family but getting tons of storage and LTE. Also, I bet all the carriers get this phone eventually. I would also bet that this phone comes on Verizon with a locked bootloader, and the dev community will shout "blasphemy!" At $350 for unlocked, how can anyone justify staying on their plans with their respective carrier, especially if they are not on a family plan?

I wonder what will become of the Galaxy Nexus. It's MIA in the Google Play store, guess they don't have any remaining stock left? I was hoping they would "Touchpad" it, selling the rest at an incredible discount.
    ATT has 3 gigs per phone still...my S3 is unlocked and will have 4.2 in no time. I'm on 4.1.2 AOKP and love it. Nexus is great but even my Nexus 7 tablet isn't stock. Its running a ROM and custom kernel. I dropped Verizon and went back to AT&T. I was shocked at how little data I actually use. The "I have unlimited" argument is moot for me.

I don't think carriers will get this phone. I think they will get variants of it with options and not being a Nexus phone, but I think Google has a thing for less hardware specs. It shows the power of their OS. It can run on less hardware. I dunno, I like Nexus devices, but this one doesn't work for me.
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDeDroid View Post
    Why does no LTE suprise anyone? After the wanking around VZW and Sprint did with the 4.1 update and the complete perversion of the "Google Nexus Experience"? It just doesn't surprise me at all.
    This. I really had zero expectations of this device coming to VZ or Sprint. I'm quite happy to see a reasonably priced non-contract device. Sony and Google are the only two major players working to keep things affordable and knowing how VZ prices items there's no doubt they would have wanted to set this at a ridiculous level. If only T-Mobile would get some worthwhile coverage.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorola droid

Re: Nexus 4 in Google Play Store 'Com299 Unlocked & 16GB $349 Unlocked

would this work with straight talk?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by tpence2177 View Post
    would this work with straight talk?

Yep!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorola droid

n Google Play Store 'Coming Soon'; 8GB $299 Unlocked & 16GB $349 Unlocked

Hmmm. I will still have my droid 3 until at least july of next year. I may get one after that for straight talk. Its still a deal breaker almost that there is only 16gb. Im sure they will have a 32 out by then though lol.

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Moto X 32GB

Pure and simple

This is a junk phone not worthy of being labeled "Nexus". Mediocre on board storage. No way to increase storage via SD slot. No 4G LTE. I don't buy LG's reasoning for it. The LTE networks aren't good or mature enough so they'll wait until next year? Really?

I wouldn't give you $50 for this waste of time device.
    Ohyea! likes this.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorola droid

Re: Nexus 4 in gle Play Store 'Coming Soon'; 8GB $299 Unlocked & 16GB $349 Unlocked

I think it still has a lot to do with google drive still. if they come out with a 32 or 64gb version by next year I may be heading to straight talk! Lol

8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    The no MicroSD slot was a given, as no recent Nexus device has had one. The killer for me though is no 32GB option, and no LTE!!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    A question for the more technically savvy out there. I was under the impression that all of the new chipsets were integrating the LTE radio. Was I mistaken?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by HNettles View Post
    A question for the more technically savvy out there. I was under the impression that all of the new chipsets were integrating the LTE radio. Was I mistaken?
    I doubt it would contain radios for all the different LTE frequencies in the U.S. and abroad, not to mention the phone would need to have different antennas for each carriers version of LTE.
    syndicate0017 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links