Samsung and Google introduce Nexus 10
Powerful 10” Tablet with the World’s Highest Resolution Display
Mountain View, CA—October 29, 2012— The newest tablet from Google and Samsung’s joint efforts, Nexus 10, is a powerful device that marries Samsung’s best-in-class hardware, the latest version of Android—4.2 Jelly Bean, and the best of Google. With the world’s highest resolution tablet display, all new multi-user support, immersive HD content and the best Google apps - Nexus 10 has something for everyone.
Nexus 10 packs powerful components inside a surprisingly lean, soft-to-the-touch frame – measuring an incredibly thin 8.9 mm and weighing just 603 grams, it’s the perfect couch or coffee table companion. Nexus 10 was created in partnership with Samsung and comes with a blazing fast dual-core A15 processor and advanced MIMO WiFi, giving you web browsing speeds up to 4x faster than normal WiFi.* With the 1.9MP front-facing camera, you’ll look great as you video chat with up to nine friends at once with Google+ Hangouts, and so will your friends on the dazzling 10" display.
Nexus 10 was made for everyone to enjoy. Just turn on your tablet and tap your photo to sign in to your own home screen, apps, email, photos and storage. All new multi-user support lets each user have their own separate space, and save their own individual high scores on games, all on the same tablet. With the new Daydream mode on Nexus 10 you can display useful or delightful information on your tablet when it's charging. Choose to show off your photo albums, get the latest news from Google Currents, and more.
Samsung continuously strengthens our partnership with Google to deliver the most compelling Android device experience, enabling users to be always on the top of the game.
Nexus 10 Product Specifications
- WiFi only
- 1.7 GHz A15 dual-core processor
- 10” WQXGA (2560x1600, 300 ppi) display
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Main(Rear): 5 Megapixel Camera
- Sub(Front): 1.9 Megapixel Camera
- Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, DivX VP8,
- Format: 3GP(MP4), WMV(ASF), AVI, FLV, MKV, WebM
- Full HD(1080p) Playback & Recording @30 fps,
- Codec: MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, ACC+, eAAC+, AMR(NB,WB), MIDI, WAV, AC-3, Flac
- 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo speaker
- Google Chrome, Gmail, Google Talk, Google Maps for Android, Google Search, Voice Search, Google Now Google+, Gmail, YouTube, Google Currents, Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, Google Play Magazines
- Bluetooth® v 3.0
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (MIMO+HT40)
- Pogo pin
- Dual Side NFC
- Barometer. Accelerometer, Gyro, Digital Compass, Light, Opening sensor
- 16/32GB User memory + 2GB (RAM)
- 263.8 x 177.8 x 8.9 mm, 603g
- Standard battery, Li-ion 9,000mAh
* Based on theoretical peak speeds. Actual speeds may be lower.
* All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
* Android, Google, Google Docs, Quick Office, Google Chrome Browser, Google Downloads, Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Plus, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Latitude, Google Places, and Google Navigation are trademarks of Google Inc.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2011 consolidated sales of US$143.1 billion. Employing approximately 206,000 people in 197 offices across 72 countries, the company operates two separate organizations to coordinate its nine independent business units: Digital Media & Communications, comprising Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, and Digital Imaging; and Device Solutions, consisting of Memory, System LSI and LED. Recognized for its industry-leading performance across a range of economic, environmental and social criteria, Samsung Electronics was named the world’s most sustainable technology company in the 2011 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. For more information, please visit Samsung US | TVs ? Tablets ? Smartphones ? Cameras ? Laptops ? Refrigerators