We have a very exciting exclusive rumor for you guys today! We have some unconfirmed intel from within Motorola. A leaked datasheet seems to confirm that Android 4.2.2 will indeed be "Key Lime Pie." Additionally, this info also includes a timeline of Android 4.2.2/KLP upgrade dates for several Motorola devices. Finally, this same list seems to showcase a brand new Motorola RAZR device that we have not heard anything about called the Droid RAZR X.
Of course, all of this is completely unconfirmed, and could be fabricated, so take it with a dose of skepticism. Don't forget to include a healthy dose of enthusiasm too, though. If this turns out to be true, then next year is certainly going to be very interesting!
Here's the upgrade path listing below:
What do you guys think? Plausible or fabricated? We will obviously reach out to our sources on this one, and share any details we find. In the mean-time, let the speculation commence!Motorola Mobility Android Engineering
Below are the authorizations an unauthorized/pending of Motorola phones to receive android 4.2.2 (code name) Key Lime Pie
- Droid RAZR X: Authorized Reason: Being shipped with 4.2.2
- Motorola Nexus: Authorized Reason: Being shipped with 4.2.2
- Droid RAZR i: Authorized Reason: Pushing 4.2.2 out between Q3 and Q4 2013
- Droid RAZR HD/MAXX: Authorized Reason: Pushing out 4.2.2 between Q3 and Q4 2013
- Droid RAZR M: Authorized Reason: pushing out 4.2.2 between early Q3 and Q4 2013
- Droid RAZR MAXX: Authorized/Subject to change Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date late Q2 2013
- Droid 4: Authorized/Subject to change Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date early Q3 2013
- Droid RAZR: Pending Authorization Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date mid Q2 2013
- Droid Bionic Pending Authorization Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date mid Q2 2013
The above documents have be reviewed and authorized/Pending authorization and are subject to change by VP product Management.
Also, shout out a hearty cheers and thanks to to our amazing anonymous insider tipster!