DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wireless Hotspot Working on the RAZR HD via SQlite Hack

  1. DF News Team
    DroidModderX's Avatar
    Member #
    228096
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,749
    Liked
    579 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member
    #1

    Wireless Hotspot Working on the RAZR HD via SQlite Hack









    Obviously Verizon offers a hotspot service that allows you to share your data with your tablet, PC, or gaming device. They also charge you $20 for the privilege. It has been discovered that the SQlite hack that allowed us to use the Wireless tether on our Bionics also works on the new RAZR HD. To get it all working you will need Sqlite editor. It is $2.99 from the playstore.

    The Hack is easy if you are into simple tinkering follow the Source link for a full guide. Otherwise FoxFi has been updated to support the RAZR HD!

    Via XDA


    It was pointed out by DroidForums Member SteveIrv that those of you who are on the Shared Data plan are free to share data between devices with included hotspot. Also if you are not on the Shared Data Plan it may violate your Terms Of Service if you use an app like FoxFi to circumvent the $20 hotspot fee, so use at your own risk.
    Last edited by DroidModderX; 10-22-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

    Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

    DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    SteveIrv's Avatar
    Member #
    212222
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    #2
    This type of misinformation isn't very helpful.

    First off....Verizon users on the Share Everything plans which have been offered for almost a year CAN do hotspots WITHOUT software hacks and it does NOT cost them any extra.

    For people on the old "godfathered" unlimited data plans, you can also do the hotspot thing for a fee of $20 a month.

    If you choose to use a software hack to circumvent the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up for your phone service, that' up to you. But you CAN (if caught) be found to be in violation of your contract and have your cell phone service turned off.

    I'm not passing judgement here on people who make the choice to "pirate" hotspot service without paying the applicable fees......I'm just sayin'.
  4. DF News Team
    DroidModderX's Avatar
    Member #
    228096
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,749
    Liked
    579 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveIrv View Post
    This type of misinformation isn't very helpful.

    First off....Verizon users on the Share Everything plans which have been offered for almost a year CAN do hotspots WITHOUT software hacks and it does NOT cost them any extra.

    For people on the old "godfathered" unlimited data plans, you can also do the hotspot thing for a fee of $20 a month.

    If you choose to use a software hack to circumvent the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up for your phone service, that' up to you. But you CAN (if caught) be found to be in violation of your contract and have your cell phone service turned off.

    I'm not passing judgement here on people who make the choice to "pirate" hotspot service without paying the applicable fees......I'm just sayin'.
    Im sorry I thought Verizon just had to pay the FCC a $1.25 Million fine for blocking the use of tethering apps. How can it be pirating if they were forced to pay such a large fine for blocking the ability to tether for free?
    swc2001 likes this.
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

    Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

    DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!
  5. Master Droid
    soulpatch's Avatar
    Member #
    22995
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    333
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidModderX View Post
    Im sorry I thought Verizon just had to pay the FCC a $1.25 Million fine for blocking the use of tethering apps. How can it be pirating if they were forced to pay such a large fine for blocking the ability to tether for free?
    The agreement that they made stated that they could still charge for those on unlimited data to have hot spot. It is included for everyone else at this point following the ruling
  6. Senior Droid
    SteveIrv's Avatar
    Member #
    212222
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidModderX View Post







    Obviously Verizon offers a hotspot service that allows you to share your data with your tablet, PC, or gaming device. They also charge you $20 for the privilege. It has been discovered that the SQlite hack that allowed us to use the Wireless tether on our Bionics also works on the new RAZR HD. To get it all working you will need Sqlite editor. It is $2.99 from the playstore.

    The Hack is easy if you are into simple tinkering follow the Source link for a full guide. Otherwise FoxFi has been updated to support the RAZR HD!

    Via XDA


    It was pointed out by DroidForums Member SteveIrv that those of you who are on the Shared Data plan are free to share data between devices with included hotspot. Also it may violate your Terms Of Service if you use an app like FoxFi so use at your own risk.
    That's not exactly what I said.......

    I said that those who are on the Share Data Plans are able to do the hotspot thing at no extra charge. I also said that people NOT on those plans would be in violation of terms of service by using "hacks" to get around applicable charges.

    People who are on the Shared Data plans can use their phones for hotspots without the use of apps like Foxfi. The use of apps like Foxfi doesn't in itself cause any violaiton or "issue"......it's the use of apps like it in an effort to use contracted services without paying the agreed upon fee.
  7. Master Droid
    soulpatch's Avatar
    Member #
    22995
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    333
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Prety sure after the court ruling that those on any tiered plan now get hotspot at no charge. Only those of us still on grandfathered unlimited are charged.
  8. Senior Droid
    SteveIrv's Avatar
    Member #
    212222
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
    The agreement that they made stated that they could still charge for those on unlimited data to have hot spot. It is included for everyone else at this point following the ruling
    Correct.....Verizon paid the $1.25 million fine because they continued to charge people on data plans with caps the tethering fees when they should not have. They are still able to charge tethering fees to the old "godfathered" unlimited data plans that are slowly being phased out.

    This is a confusing issue since some media reported on the issue incorrectly back in August and then corrected their reports within just a few weeks. Several times I've had the original articles cited to me as a source on this.....and then I've cited the follow up......LOL
  9. Senior Droid
    SteveIrv's Avatar
    Member #
    212222
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by soulpatch View Post
    Prety sure after the court ruling that those on any tiered plan now get hotspot at no charge. Only those of us still on grandfathered unlimited are charged.
    Yep.....
  10. Droid Ninja
    geoff5093's Avatar
    Member #
    65390
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Goffstown, NH
    Posts
    1,347
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    #9
    FoxFi also works.
  11. Senior Droid
    hotice's Avatar
    Member #
    242271
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    #10

    Use FoxFi all you want!

    Verizon cannot legally charge extra for wifi tethering on any of their LTE devices!!! They lost a lawsuit recently about that. You can ignore the terms of service. Thankfully somebody had some common sense. It has to do with terms of the purchase of the frequencies Verizon uses for LTE.
    Here are a few links for you:

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57484000-38/verizon-to-pay-$1.25m-fcc-fine-forced-to-allow-tethering-apps/

    Verizon to stop blocking tethering apps, settles with FCC for $1.25 million -- Engadget
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Hotspot hack procedure *Working*
    By maxxhd in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 11:40 AM
  2. sqlite editor mobile hotspot hack on ics for Bionic?
    By sr.torres22 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 11:01 PM
  3. razr maxx hotspot hack
    By condony in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 07:38 AM
  4. Can anyone confirm free hotspot after root and sqlite hack?
    By eric.scheman in forum Droid RAZR Hacks
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 08:43 PM
  5. Hotspot hack not working with 5.7.893??
    By cthebadge38 in forum Droid Bionic Tech Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 01:48 AM

Search tags for this page

10:22 pm share hotspot
,
droid razr hd hacks
,
enable mobile hotspot razr hd
,
free verizon hotspot on droid hd
,
razr hd wifi hotspot
,
razr m wifi hotspot
,

sqlite hack

,

sqlite hack razr

,
sqlite wifi hotspot
,
verizon hotspot hack sqlite
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+