DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: LG India Confirms that Google Will Announce LG Nexus 4 and Android 4.2 on Oct 29

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

LG India Confirms that Google Will Announce LG Nexus 4 and Android 4.2 on Oct 29

We have had enough leaks to sink an aircraft carrier, but this latest supposedly comes directly from the source. LG India seemingly confirmed today that they have a Nexus 4 phone that will be announced at Google's Playground Press event on October 29th. Additionally, they also let slip that Android 4.2 will indeed be launched at that time as well. Here's the quote,

"Google will unveil the LG Nexus on October 29 and the phone will be available in the Indian markets by the end of November," LG Mobile Product Planning head Amit Gujral said.
    Along with this reveal, we have some new intel as well that seems to coincide with previous rumors. Here's another quote with details,

Google is said to be doubling its security efforts with 4.2 (which could be called Key Lime Pie). Itís also allegedly bringing a new Gmail, a quick settings panel, a revised gallery application and multiple accounts for tablets.
    With all of this new stuff supposedly coming, it's possible that Google may actually steal a little bit of Apple's thunder with the iPad Mini release this week. What do you guys think?

Source: PhoneArena
    Last edited by dgstorm; 10-23-2012 at 08:39 AM.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    I'll let everyone know how 4.2 is when I'm rock'n it next week!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD (Rooted 4.1.1)
    *Yawn*, we've been hearing that to the point that it's hardly even a rumor anymore that Google is releasing the next Nexus on that day. But what I really want to know now is about Android 4.2.

The LG Nexus sounds wildly disappointing. No SD card slot, marginally upgraded specs from last year, and it's only claim to fame will be how it'll get upgraded faster than most to the next version. And the latest round of rumors implies there won't be multiple handsets like it originally sounded like from the early rumor mills.

Am I excited for the event? Yes. But unless I hear more about multiple nexus devices I'm not going to get too excited about the hardware coming out.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    ^The quad core S4 pro cpu is a marginal hardware upgrade?! Not sure about that. And it sure is nice having project butter!

Links