TWRP released its newest version of their custom recovery today 22.214.171.124! This release includes some not so major changes.
- Rebased onto AOSP Jelly Bean source code
- Rewrote backup, restore, wipe, and mount code in C++ classes for easier maintenance going forward
NOTE: backups from prior versions of TWRP are still compatible with 2.3
- ADB sideload functionality from AOSP is included in 2.3, see ADB Sideload | TeamWin for more info
- Re-wrote fix permissions entirely in C++ and runs in a few seconds instead of a few minutes (thanks to bigbiff)
- Improvements to zip finding in OpenRecoveryScript (should be a lot fewer GooManager automation issues)
- Faster boot times
- Added charging indicator while in recovery (only updates once every 60 seconds)
Apparently although there are no new groundbreaking features here this is still a pretty major update since it is basically a total rewrite of the code to rebase it on the AOSP Jelly Bean Code. This paves the way for more inovation in the near future. With this change TWRP now uses API 3 instead of 2 meaning that some .zip files may no longer work if the developer is using out of date update binary. This should not be a problem for newer devices, but may affect older devices.