DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HP Planning to 'aggressively attack' Smartphone & Tablet Market with Android Devices

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2048 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

HP Planning to 'aggressively attack' Smartphone & Tablet Market with Android Devices

We have some pretty solid industry intel that HP is going to jump back into the tablet market big time. In fact, they are also planning to "aggressively attack" the smartphone market as well, and they plan to use the Android OS to do it. Here's a quote with some of the details,

HP will “aggressively attack” both the smartphone and tablet markets, according to Jefferies analyst Peter Misek recent note to investors.

“While the move makes sense strategically, we see it as a high risk move,” Misek explained. “On top of adding costs and working capital burdens to an already stressed balance sheet, there could be additional write-offs.”

HP’s last attempt to enter the mobile space was a short-lived one. Just around a month after it launched the webOS-based HP TouchPad, the company pulled the plug on webOS, cancelled its HP Pre 3 project, all under the strong influence of then CEO Leo Apotheker.

Newly appointed Meg Whitman seems to renew HP’s somewhat lost focus in consumer products and the mobile industry and we can only hope the company brings a great Android device, competition is always welcome.
    This seems like a brilliant move by HP. For one, almost all technology us evolving toward the mobile world. Two, Android pretty much owns the mobile landscape. This makes it a no-brainer move by HP, and we are looking forward to seeing what they can come up with. Would you consider owning an HP phone or tablet?

Source: PhoneArena

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I'm excited to see what they come out with.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    HP... no...

They've tried (like Dell) a bunch of times to get into the smartphone arena. Each attempt completely failed. They had a really good chance with WebOS but just killed it off.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    I would think about owning a HP smartphone or tablet. I own a Dv6 laptop and i have had zero problems with it, it is designed well and has good aesthetics. The only thing i will not be doing is jumping on the first product released. It seems now adays that OEM's are using comsumers as beta testers for their products and there are always issues out of the box. I personally will wait for those unforseen issues to be worked out before trying an HP mobile product but they do build quality products and wil give them a look for sure.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZig View Post
    I would think about owning a HP smartphone or tablet. I own a Dv6 laptop and i have had zero problems with it, it is designed well and has good aesthetics. The only thing i will not be doing is jumping on the first product released. It seems now adays that OEM's are using comsumers as beta testers for their products and there are always issues out of the box. I personally will wait for those unforseen issues to be worked out before trying an HP mobile product but they do build quality products and wil give them a look for sure.
    I own a dv6t, its awesome. My laptop is an HP, my wireless keyboard and mouse is HP, my printer is HP, my laptop sleeve is HP. lol, i like HP. The fact that they would comeout with an android phone sounds pretty good. I would love that. I would not like a WebOS devise, only an Android one. Thats really not to knock on WebOS but i have so many purchased apps with android, im kinda invested into it now . Im not going to do the same with another OS. I love android too much for that as well. An Android HP phone would be amazing. Just make it so its a very competitive device and i would buy it. It would match everything.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Not for me

I loved my Palm Pre Plus, which is what I had before my Droid Bionic, but I have not had any luck with any HP product I have ever bought. WebOs was a great OS, but the hardware was crap (I understand it wasn't HP). I feel if WebOs had Motorola hardware or something along those lines of quality, it would have survived. I wouldn't buy an HP android phone.

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    They should revive WebOS. Its a shame they gave up on it so quickly.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy note 2
    I will never own another hp anything. My $800 laptop that i've had for a year and a half has been nothing but trouble. The fans have quit working and the hard drive has died.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    Good, I'll be able to buy more hp tablets for 80% off

Return of the Android
    obxsalvo and akhenax like this.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    RyanPm40
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Not the biggest fan of HP. Everyone says they make such great computers, but I bought a $950 HP Pavilion laptop a few years back and it was the biggest piece of crap I've ever had the misfortune of having. I'm gonna stick with macbook pros from now on (Nothing wrong with me enjoying Apple AND Android products! )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links