DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [Deal Alert] 'Matrix One' 7-Inch Android Tablet On Sale for $59.99

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 Cricket Wireless
    I just got two emails from the merchant regarding a support ticket. Not sure if google wallet did something on my behalf or what but it's interesting to still be getting correspondence from the company. I just wish they had sent me a tracking number. Thought I holiday shopping all wrapped up, but I guess not.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Re: [Deal Alert] 'Matrix One' 7-Inch Android Tablet On Sale for $59.99

Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    I just got two emails from the merchant regarding a support ticket. Not sure if google wallet did something on my behalf or what but it's interesting to still be getting correspondence from the company. I just wish they had sent me a tracking number. Thought I holiday shopping all wrapped up, but I guess not.
    Yeah I also got two emails. If I don't have a tracking number Monday I'm going to file with my credit card company.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 Cricket Wireless
    To me this behavior shows that the company is trying to be proactive which is a good sign. I didn't have time to really look at the emails since I was at work and just previewed them on my phone but now that I've logged into their support site it appears to be a clumsy attempt at order tracking although it still shows the "order status" as blank. I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt. The other thing that concerns me though is how well they will handle claims with that 1 year warranty they offer. I think if you have issues with the device it would be easier to just buy one from another company rather than dealing with trying to get a warranty replacement unit. But that's down the road, we have to receive the items first... I wonder if sites like DF and all the others who posted info about this tablet are regretting it and will be more cautious in the future. This really affects everyone's credibility. One way the company might be able to salvage a little consumer confidence would be to refund the shipping charges for all the orders.

Anyway, here's to hoping...
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I received an email too after filing my complaint to Google Wallet.

It is strange I didn't get an email form GW but from Matrix One who
    seems to be calling themselves MTXTablet now.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    I too received an support ticket without opening a case with anyone. So there is some type of tracking going on but my order link still says processed not shipped so they have til the end of the month if even then before I open a case with Google Wallet and my CC.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Twitter
    #wtfistwitter
    Phone
    D1>Galactic Unicorn
    I got the same email also, my faith is wearing thin though.
    "Insert witty signature here"
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    You all got the ticket because Google Wallet was watching the November 20th deadline and likely requested a status update for everyone involved. I find it funny that not just their Matrix One but the Pacatek facebook page as well have both disappeared. Trying to hide evidence possibly? Too bad some of us took screen shots in the unlikely event that did happen. Want to know something even more suspicious? Facebook pages take 2 WEEKS to be deleted. You have to put in a request and they make you wait 2 weeks before the page will be deleted. The fact that their page is gone NOW tells me they had to have requested the deletion right around the same time their webpage went MIA for a few days.

In my dealings with Google Wallet, their reports about Matrix were not favorable at all. It wasn't just about this issue either. Many of the issues also stemmed from repair/service complaints because Matrix would not honor their warranty. For those of you holding out for your tablets, good luck.

And just an FYI: Wal-Mart has a $59 tablet pretty similar to this one as well.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarea View Post
    You all got the ticket because Google Wallet was watching the November 20th deadline and likely requested a status update for everyone involved. I find it funny that not just their Matrix One but the Pacatek facebook page as well have both disappeared. Trying to hide evidence possibly? Too bad some of us took screen shots in the unlikely event that did happen. Want to know something even more suspicious? Facebook pages take 2 WEEKS to be deleted. You have to put in a request and they make you wait 2 weeks before the page will be deleted. The fact that their page is gone NOW tells me they had to have requested the deletion right around the same time their webpage went MIA for a few days.

In my dealings with Google Wallet, their reports about Matrix were not favorable at all. It wasn't just about this issue either. Many of the issues also stemmed from repair/service complaints because Matrix would not honor their warranty. For those of you holding out for your tablets, good luck.

Unfortunately the Walmart one is sold out thanks to Black Friday week...
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Re: [Deal Alert] 'Matrix One' 7-Inch Android Tablet On Sale for $59.99

Quote Originally Posted by Amarea View Post

In light of all this I'll go ahead and file now. Thanks.

10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycemiskel View Post
    In light of all this I'll go ahead and file now. Thanks.

I also filed yesterday but I filed a dispute via my CC bank and they have already issued me a credit guess the details I sent them were enough for them to go yea this looks shady...
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Links