DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sprint Expands 4G LTE to More Cities & Sprint's Stock is Up More than 140% This Year

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    T-Mobile Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by xsirxx View Post
    Your right in your assumption that they did not "Kick" us off in the literal sense. What they did was make it impossible for us to stay if that more elequently fits your need for explanation. We had three lines all on the same family plan. They decided without us knowing to change one of the three lines over to the new shared plan. We did not want a new plan and sure as hell did NOT get a new phone or start a new contract. So we told Verizon that we would leave if it persisted and they said no problem just tell us when to turn off your service. The next day I had two S3's and one Photon Q(well on order anyways) for 100$ each.

So however you would like to put it, I say "Kicked".
    When do you think they changed it? Like on a call with a CSR or at the store? I'd be surprised if it was just random they did it. If so, I'll need to be watching my account like a hawk since VZW has been screwing with me this year. Hopefully Sprint's network isn't as bogged down for you as I have heard.

If this happens with anyone else, you can request they put the plan back as long as it's "compatible" with your device. Their definition of compatible is based on pulling stuff out of their butt. Ex: I've had the 2000 TXT ALLOWANCE on my account for a number of years. I took them up on their offer upgrading early to an LTE phone. My D3 on GB was "compatible" with the plan, but the D4 on GB was not. After dicking around with two attempts at getting it put back and a complaint with the BBB, I'm paying them more money.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by bdsullivan76 View Post
    I am about to switch to sprint. Verizon is trying to bend me over and not even offering me any lube. I am glad to see this article as i just got a constant 4g signal in my area 2 weeks ago. At least the tampa area is on sprints radar as one of the 100 cities. Did i mention i will save damn near $100 a month and they have the GS3 and unlockable Photon Q for $99 each. Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my DROID4
    yeah... I hope that by 2 yrs from now (or 1.5) LTE for Sprint will be here, especially in the rural southern part of Hillsborough County. I'd switch if the service is good. Usually the folks with Sprint I talk with now sound crappy, so i'd think in that time frame, it should get better.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by xsirxx View Post
    Your right in your assumption that they did not "Kick" us off in the literal sense. What they did was make it impossible for us to stay if that more elequently fits your need for explanation. We had three lines all on the same family plan. They decided without us knowing to change one of the three lines over to the new shared plan. We did not want a new plan and sure as hell did NOT get a new phone or start a new contract. So we told Verizon that we would leave if it persisted and they said no problem just tell us when to turn off your service. The next day I had two S3's and one Photon Q(well on order anyways) for 100$ each.

So however you would like to put it, I say "Kicked".
    I told people 18 months ago that this waqs coming. Everyone was so smug that their "grandfathered unlimited" was secure forever, but some of us knew that this day was coming. It will happen more and more. I broke all my contracts early and left VZW last week. Screw them, went to Sprint, got unlimited and dropped my bill by $65 a month...
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA

I told people 18 months ago that this waqs coming. Everyone was so smug that their "grandfathered unlimited" was secure forever, but some of us knew that this day was coming. It will happen more and more. I broke all my contracts early and left VZW last week. Screw them, went to Sprint, got unlimited and dropped my bill by $65 a month...
    Hello, hello, hello, can you hear me, crap missed another call, LOL.
    geoff5093 likes this.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    Hello, hello, hello, can you hear me, crap missed another call, LOL.
    Luckily, Atlanta is rolling out Sprint LTE as we speak. Verizon does have the best coverage, but their prices gouge customers. They keep charging more and giving less, relying on their "network" to justify raping you. Kicking people off plans, overage charges, throttling, etc... That's what you are paying top dollar for, and I think it stinks. They think that they walk on water, just like Apple. So rather than just complain, I took my $225 a month and went elsewhere.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    droid2 global
    I know that comparatively sprint is not going to compare to verizons coverage. I am getting 4g all over my area now (just north of tampa). But to me its the point. I am not going to let vzw rape me. I dont use an unlimited amount of data but why would i pay the same for less? On top of that they are charging me for a defective phone without wanting to prove to me that i caused the damage. I did not and have pics to prove what it looked like b4 i sent it, but they "cant" seem to figure out how to send me a pic of the so called damage. So yes i know what i am getting into, and i am ok with it.

Sent from my DROID4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links