DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Nexus Getting Jelly Bean OTA Rollout Now!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
    For those that can't get it downloaded, go here and get it. Official VZW Gnex Jelly Bean Update: 4.1.1/JRO03O - xda-developers

Then use Wug's tool kit to force it to update by starting the root process, but instead of installing su.zip, install the update, that's what i did to get it installed.
    Thanks! This worked for me.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    How about the 'mic-muting' issue on the VZW GNex phones? Anyone with a stock device, who has had the problem, and is now on the official JB update, notice any difference with this issue??
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    What's the 'mic-muting' issue?

On a separate note, I miss my old boot animation on ICS. The new Jelly Bean animation is ...boring.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    First, I love my Galaxy S3, but after buying and LOVING my Nexus 7, I kind of wish I had gotten the Galaxy Nexus. I am loving the ability to modify my Nexus 7 with such ease. I know my S3 is easily modified too, but the N7 was made for it. the camera in the S3 was the big thing that had me wait for it and buy it and I'm glad I did. With a very fast and energetic 2 year old, the fast camera is worth it. I don't always have my DSLR on me so my phone has to be able to keep up. Next time though, I'll have to take a closer look at the Nexus of the day and give it a hard consideration.
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by johnomaz View Post
    First, I love my Galaxy S3, but after buying and LOVING my Nexus 7, I kind of wish I had gotten the Galaxy Nexus. I am loving the ability to modify my Nexus 7 with such ease. I know my S3 is easily modified too, but the N7 was made for it. the camera in the S3 was the big thing that had me wait for it and buy it and I'm glad I did. With a very fast and energetic 2 year old, the fast camera is worth it. I don't always have my DSLR on me so my phone has to be able to keep up. Next time though, I'll have to take a closer look at the Nexus of the day and give it a hard consideration.
    At this point you realize that you can play the waiting game forever. I'm sure the phone that comes out after the GS3 will be better in many ways to the GS3 (iPhone 5 excluded hehe). I got the GNex largely due to the camera, and compared to my OG Droid, is soooo much faster.

I wonder if upgrading the camera for newer devices is dependent upon the hardware, or simply a software upgrade? Perhaps there's a camera app I could buy to mimic S3's capabilities on my GNex.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    T-Mobile Note 3 Stock unrooted
    im a butt hair away from swapping my nexus w/a g3 I keep having issues w/the nexus and im underwhelmed at best. I blame verizon not Google or samsung
    sent from Mars
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Dammit! they spoiled boot animation!
    And they changed the clear notifications button from an "X" to something that really doesn't indicate exactly what it does!

Overall I think it's improvement... But why do stuff like that? These and other small but very odd changes were completely unnecessary.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    i like the new animation better than the old ....

its more subtle .... it's kind of like the windows 7 animation ....

curious, how could you tell what was happening during bootup with the old animation ?

posted via android ....
    GS4
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7404
    i like the new animation better than the old ....

its more subtle .... it's kind of like the windows 7 animation ....

curious, how could you tell what was happening during bootup with the old animation ?

posted via android ....
    I was referring to the "clear notification" toggle... not the boot. It looks like stairs.... The boot animation is boring.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Jelly Bean a Great Improvement for Galaxy Nexus

For my Nexus, the Jelly Bean update (Android 4.1.1, Build JRO030) changed my Nexus markedly for the good. Previous to Jelly Bean, my Nexus would drop calls and lose network connectivity frequently, especially in a 1-2 bar signal area, leading me to conclude that the Nexus was the worst phone I've ever owned. With Jelly Bean running for 3 days now, I have had no dropped calls, no loss of network and the reported signal strength has gone up by about 1 bar in the same areas. It also appears that Jelly Bean has a better power manager, as the battery is also lasting longer. This is definitely a worthwhile upgrade that justifies the extra work to get it on Wi-Fi.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Links