DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Verizon's CFO Says that "unlimited" is "just a word" and "doesn't mean anything."

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    QUOTE=suzukimethod;2277645]

3) as for switching to "show them" - gadgetrants has it right...you think they are sad to see a few unlimited heavy data users go? lol, please. i can switch to sprint or T-Mo in my area, and i'll have unlimited access to no signal in a bunch of areas where i get good VZW (sometimes even 4g). (t-mo is particularly laughable in tucson)[/QUOTE]

Speaking for myself, I really don't care if I "show them" or not. If someone has a better deal when my contract is up I'm going to leave. I'd rather not because I like their service overall. The part I don't like is the lack of a decent data signal and the high price of having no data. And that's enough to get me to leave. I know they aren't putting another dime into 3g and that's fine as long as they expand 4g a few more miles. They are so close yet so far.
    Last edited by LoudRam; 09-23-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    Droid does...Apple bites

2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Incredible 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sNuFfYStiGLiTZ View Post
    Man....Come December I'm canceling my Verizon contract. I want to the Note 2 and it would be cheaper to pay the early termination fee of probably 300 dollars (My contract ends next September so it should be cheaper to cancel), sell my Galaxy Nexus on eBay to help with the fee, go to Sprint and sign up with an unlimited data contract with the Note 2 for 300 dollars, which is what the phone should cost. With my military discount, the bill should be cheaper than what I pay with Verizon. So either end up paying about 400 dollars to switch and get a new phone or I could just stick with Verizon, pay 800 dollars for the Note 2 and still get reamed....That's a tough choice wouldn't you say?
    Enjoy Sprint's 3G speeds....Link: iPhone 5 Network and Wi-Fi Speed Tests: Which One's Fastest?

"Sprint's truly unlimited data plan makes it a tempting buy, but without 4G it was painful to use. You can really see the disparity in the top image. (Sprint's LTE network will be slowly rolling out over the next couple of years.)
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    G-Nex (fon), OGD1(alarm clock)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudRam View Post
    Speaking for myself, I really don't care if I "show them" or not. If someone has a better deal when my contract is up I'm going to leave. I'd rather not because I like their service overall. The part I don't like is the lack of a decent data signal and the high price of having no data. And that's enough to get me to leave. I know they aren't putting another dime into 3g and that's fine as long as they expand 4g a few more miles. They are so close yet so far.
    as i said above, i'm not happy with their pricing choices for their shared plans, and if anyone had data coverage even close to VZW in my area, i'd be all over switching (i have no loyalty to big red) and fully support anyone who thinks they can get a better deal elsewhere. I'm lucky enough to have good wifi at home/work, and good to great 4g at places where friends phones dont even get a signal, so i am stuck with them and their prices if i want my phone to work all the places i use it, and able to choose a lower data tier since i can supplement with wifi.

my larger point was that verizon is probably happy to lose the small percentage of users who use very large amounts of data, especially if they can offset those losses with shared plans that are more favorable to them. my hope is that they gradually (or sooner/faster) increase the data available at the same price point, since their current tiers are weak.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukimethod View Post
    as i said above, i'm not happy with their pricing choices for their shared plans, and if anyone had data coverage even close to VZW in my area, i'd be all over switching (i have no loyalty to big red) and fully support anyone who thinks they can get a better deal elsewhere. I'm lucky enough to have good wifi at home/work, and good to great 4g at places where friends phones dont even get a signal, so i am stuck with them and their prices if i want my phone to work all the places i use it, and able to choose a lower data tier since i can supplement with wifi.

my larger point was that verizon is probably happy to lose the small percentage of users who use very large amounts of data, especially if they can offset those losses with shared plans that are more favorable to them. my hope is that they gradually (or sooner/faster) increase the data available at the same price point, since their current tiers are weak.
    I wouldn't call myself "loyal" to them, so much as I like their network better.

I just don't like them very much.

Sent from my Nexus 7
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DX2
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurelRaven View Post
    I wouldn't call myself "loyal" to them, so much as I like their network better.

I just don't like them very much.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    I love the network most of the time. After 2 months with a 4G phone I may be hooked. However to me it just feels like blatant gouging.

From an Eclipsed GNEX
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    i have 2 more years to jump ship. At that point, I'd hope Sprint is farther along with their LTE.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    I also have two years left with Verizon "tied down with them", but who knows what type of data prices they will have by then, in the meantime my S3 and Rezound will do me just fine for the foreseeable future. Both smartphones do everything I need them to so and more, reason I got the S3 was because it would have been my last subsidized upgrade and able to keep my unlimited data plan. Who knows what will happen in two years with Verizon or the other carriers with their pricing structure, till then I am not sweating it. My brother is though since his kids want the new iPhone, he has 4 smartphones and with Verizons current share plan it would cost him more every month, he is not happy about it and contemplating of switching, but since he has been with Verizon forever I don't see it happening.
    Last edited by cybertec69; 09-24-2012 at 02:08 PM.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    It's just business. Currently Verizon has the best 3G & 4G coverage in the US and as such are the carrier of choice among many travelers as well as younger families that utilize family plans. Once a competitor has developed a reasonably big/competitive footprint of 4G and offer better value-pricing plans than VZW the customers will follow resulting in a market share gain for the competitor at the expense of the other competitors including VZW. The marketing departments of the "losing" competitors will deploy new value pricing schemes of their own to try and lure customers to their side and regain (or surpass) the earlier share numbers. This cycle will go back and forth which will generally result in a win for the consumer.

According to claims of AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile in two years time the US 4G coverage maps should rival each other and be competitive with VZW, a slight bias likely to Verizon due to their infrastructure head start but not enough of an advantage to swing the market just on this characteristic. Within this time frame we will see a more saturated market in terms of 4G utilization which should translate into a more cost conscious customer base, something not lost on the big four US providers. Aside from recognizing the return on investment the carriers need to return to the shareholders as they roll out their 4G network we should still see some good value competition in the near future...my hope!
    Treo600, Treo 700W(X), Omnia 910, Moto Droid1, Moto Droid2(G), Moto Droid4
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX

I'm pissed

There is no tier to the new plan. You pay $10 more for every 2GB from 2GB to 10GB, so if you spend more you only get the same. At least before the more you bought the more you got, but now you get nothing extra. It's more bull than pulling the grandfathered in unlimited plans. The whole point of grandfathered in is that we have been with them so long we got this deal before they knew better. So much for having them for over 10 years, what a back stabbing.

To the important part, they try to say it's okay because most people use less than 2GB with unlimited. If this was the case then how is this new plan going to make them money? As soon as my girlfriend got here new phone and I got bent over the counter in the store over verizon. Her usage has doubled and she isn't doing anything different than before. She just gets so much more done in that same time. I sold my cousin my other phone and gets to keep his unlimited plan. He is now streaming netflix all day long for me just to get even. He used over 3GB in 4 days. Then his bill started over. Hoping to see 30GB this month.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID A855
    I went to verizon yesterday. i have 2 smartphones on unlimited data i wanted to turn on my kids used iphone and add data then add a line for my other kid and add data plan. they tried their best to analyze what i use and justify getting a shared plan. it worked out to the same money but i would loose unlimited on my 2 phones......hmmmmmm No i said! she said but it wouldnt matter you dont use enough looking at the past 3 mo. to even worry about unlimited. i said but yeah i may need it because if i take a trip and play slacker radio for 10hrs while driving i will run over then what???? she had no answer.
    Crf450r420 likes this.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Links